Composite materials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLG-racing team

F430
ceramic carbon brakes
ceramic composite exhaust

I have a week to finish this car. Its in pretty bad shape. The owner told me he has it "detailed" at his dealer 2-3 times a year. The car is full of buffer trails.

I wanted to know what would you use on the ceramix exhaust ? Metal polish?
The owner also told me to be carefull with the carbon brakes. What wheel cleaner would you use?

a few pics.
1000617ty8.jpg

the ceramic exhaust
10006131nk3.jpg

dirty interior
1000615jz5.jpg

Isn't the ceramic packing inside the stainless ?

If the outside is stainless, then just use metal polish.

People just use terms that were marketing jargon and they believe every shit the salesman tells them.

Isn't the ceramic packing inside the stainless ?

If the outside is stainless, then just use metal polish.

People just use terms that were marketing jargon and they believe every shit the salesman tells them.

Apparently not.
the exhaust as a grainy coating and 100% its not stainless or aluminium (inside or out).

what about the brakes? I have heard horror stories about wheel cleaners "maybe" damaging carbon ceramic brakes. I cant remember the ones that were considered "dangerous". any ideas?

If the owner of this F430 sees this thread, he's coming to pick up his car right away. I'm guessing he wouldn't have left his car with you had he known you'd need to ask for help on Montreal Racing! :p

I want to know how that interior got so dirty! If I owned a Ferrari, I think I'd put on slippers upon entering it!

If the owner of this F430 sees this thread, he's coming to pick up his car right away. I'm guessing he wouldn't have left his car with you had he known you'd need to ask for help on Montreal Racing! :p

I want to know how that interior got so dirty! If I owned a Ferrari, I think I'd put on slippers upon entering it!

owner is a family member and he seen my previous work. http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=569362
its not the first car i work on that was fitted with carbon brakes.
I have been using soap and water before.
But wanted to know if theres was some products out there that clearly stated they were safe for carbon brakes....

the interior is dirty because he tracks the car.

owner is a family member and he seen my previous work. http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=569362
its not the first car i work on that was fitted with carbon brakes.
I have been using soap and water before.
But wanted to know if theres was some products out there that clearly stated they were safe for carbon brakes....

the interior is dirty because he tracks the car.

Did you check if the P21S gel wheel cleaner is safe for those?

Did you check if the P21S gel wheel cleaner is safe for those?

it should work.

and if I was the owner of this Ferrari, I'll be happy to see the detailer is looking for the proper products to work on the ride. There's nothing wrong on asking for suggestions. *tu*

it should work.

and if I was the owner of this Ferrari, I'll be happy to see the detailer is looking for the proper products to work on the ride. There's nothing wrong on asking for suggestions. *tu*

Thank you. I was hoping you had the answer.

I googled for a good 5 min. Nothing. For some reason i remember a thread about "dangerous" wheel cleaners on carbon brakes (when I use to post on autopia).
Its too late anyways, I continued with the elbow grease method.
cheers

for those who care.

taken from TH0001 (autopia forums)

Ceramic brakes come standard on the ’08 Ferrari’s and the 360 Challenge Stradale (previously an option on the F430) and greatly reduce brake dusting. These brakes require special care, however. From my understanding, any silicon that contacts the rotors themselves (certain cleaners and dressings) will be absorbed by the rotors (like water on a sponge) and will ruin the rotors and pads. I believe the cost for replacement per rotor is around $2000 US.

I used P21s Wheel Gel (after contacting a P21s rep) to thoroughly clean the rims by spraying them with the gel and agitating the solution with a combination of the EZ Detail Brush and Swissvax’s wheel brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back