Gym [ how did you feel when you just started ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I been wanting to go to the gym for awhile . .im like 155 pounds, 5'9
but i guess im shy to go to the gym alone.. i know if i go with a buddy.. i'll never do the work ill just **** around because my friends are all clowns lol . . so how do you guys do it ? do you think its wierd when people go alone , .. its like going and watch a movie alone ? i wanna get ripped.. i want to sign up but i guess i just cant go alone or i feel like everyone is going to be watching me ,. i been to the gym twice before with a few friends. i dunno what do you guys think?*tu*

95% of the people go alone

when you go with friends, you **** around and your routine takes twice the time

its ok once in a while to try out new stuff or have a spot but when you go regularly you try to minimize the time you spend there

Get a personal trainer before you hurt yourself. Not only that, you'll get where you want to be much quicker than if you try on your own. They provide you with all the basis you need.

Nobody will be watching u, not everybody in the gym is huge. I go alone and I've been going by myself for more that 2 years now. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I think if I'd go with a serious training partner I'd be more developped and stronger cause often I'd need a spot but I don't have one and I don't ask for one either so I just don't put as much weight or I don't get to do the 1-2 reps extra that are important. I say try to go with someone who will go as often as you, who will be motivated, and that won't slow u down. If u want come to progym I could show u the basic stuff so that u don't get hurt and u get a proper basic training.

oublie sa au progym tlm est tout seul a par le monde qui amene leur blonde, moi la semaine jy vais avec un chum mais on prend sa serieux et la fds semaine et jy vais seul, jy étais ya environ 30 minutes et tlm étais seul, personne se regarde et personne cherche le ****, je dirait 85% des gens son seul. prend toi en main et vasi, et btw moi jy vais avec mon ipod quand je suis tout seul sa aide.

Nobody will be watching u, not everybody in the gym is huge. I go alone and I've been going by myself for more that 2 years now. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I think if I'd go with a serious training partner I'd be more developped and stronger cause often I'd need a spot but I don't have one and I don't ask for one either so I just don't put as much weight or I don't get to do the 1-2 reps extra that are important. I say try to go with someone who will go as often as you, who will be motivated, and that won't slow u down. If u want come to progym I could show u the basic stuff so that u don't get hurt and u get a proper basic training.

thanks i appreciate that , Progym that one is 24 hrs ? i would want to come check it out , the thing is i dont want to get huge . .i want to get like sickly cut,

thanks i appreciate that , Progym that one is 24 hrs ? i would want to come check it out , the thing is i dont want to get huge . .i want to get like sickly cut,

yes its the 1 open 24H but not on the weekends, its on hochelaga, during the summer you get 3 free month with each program you choose. EX: you take
3month and you get 3 free, and its cheaper if you are a student.
btw when you sign at progym you get a free session with a trainer ( if you want to) and 2 free entrance for you friends. btw, im sure there is more machine then in every other gym. http://www.progymsergemoreau.com/

i was even looking into LDV center in st-leonard did anyone hear anyything about that one ? ?

I think it depends on where you go, too. I somehow don't think I'll feel perfectly comfortable at Monster Gym whereas I find Nautilus Plus more of a place that I can feel a lot more relaxed.

F***! I'm so lazy, I haven't signed up to any gyms yet and I was supposed to do so a few weeks ago... :p I'll sign up tomorrow!!!!!!!

I used to be like that when I first started going to the gym in high school, because I've always been a smaller guy than most of my friends I'd be embarassed to show "weakness" that I couldn't lift as much as some of them so I'd monkey around, not really do much. Not to mention at that point there was a lot of huge guys at the gym I go to so I'd feel like they were judging me which I know is stupid but I was young.

I've gone to the gym with a partner who was serious about it and it made a difference, we'd push each other on each set to pump out as much as we could and we both knew how important it is not to take 2 hours to do our routine so we'd always try to stay on track and not take long breaks. For the past year I've gone alone and I've been motivated cause I look at a lot of the bigger guys now and I think to myself they've put in the work to get this way and there's no reason I can't either. Everybody's at the gym for their own personal goals, no one should feel embarassed to be working out alone (cause most people do workout alone) or feel like someone's looking at them if they're not doing as much weight as they can.

I personally love going alone, I go there at the time that's convenient with me, I put on my mp3 player and I do my routine within an hour and I'm out of there. People go to the gym cause they want to feel good and look good as well, if everyone was already perfect they wouldn't be at the gym so there's no reason to feel shy going alone, everyone's there to workout just like you, I doubt anyone's paying monthly fees to laugh inside themselves at others.

thanks alot guys ! really, .. i shouldnt be embrassed.. im going to sign up this week..
i was thinking of going 4 times a week an hour n a half each day.. what do you guys think? to start off

thanks alot guys ! really, .. i shouldnt be embrassed.. im going to sign up this week..
i was thinking of going 4 times a week an hour n a half each day.. what do you guys think? to start off

If you do 2 body parts per day you should be able to get your workout done within an hour unless you take long breaks or its very busy. Then again it all depends on your goals but 1 1/2 is good if you're also doing a bit of cardio plus stretching.

i was even looking into LDV center in st-leonard did anyone hear anyything about that one ? ?

Go to the one which is closest to ur house and that gives u what u pay for. I don't know how the gym is there but go check it out. U could probably go try 1-2 times to make up ur mind. It's the same thing with progym and all the other gyms.

WTF...being embarrased of going to the gym alone? Okkkkayyyyyy? Like people already said, like 85% of people go to the gym alone already.

Criss un gym c'est un gym si t'es pas motiver a pousser des poids ou une machine j'vois pas pourquoi un autre gym va changer de quoi !

Criss un gym c'est un gym si t'es pas motiver a pousser des poids ou une machine j'vois pas pourquoi un autre gym va changer de quoi !

lolol haha celica, but some smell better then others .. nicer people you know what i mean *tu*

Celica je peux te dire que dans mon cas le gym a fait une très grosse différence... la première fois je me suis inscris au gym j'étais vraiment pas motivé après 1 mois je n'y allais presque plus. J'ai donc pris une pause et 2 mois après je me suis réabonné à un autre gym et je peux te dire que je voulais y aller chaque jour mais c'est mon corps qui ne suivait plus. Il y avait des sales femmes... et je voulais leur montrer ma vraie valeur et les impressionner...

get urself a home gym...some kinda cardio machine (ellipitical/treadmill/ bike) n a bench wit some weights n away u go :p - oh.. n a nice size mirror to check out ur progress :p

if u got the room for it, there's nothing better.. no one watching u, u don't have to leave the comfort of ur home n u can also workout whenever u want..open 24/7 :bigup:

ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back