SR 20 Swap questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathdes8718

Hey guys , I am looking to swap an SR20 redtop in my S14 ...

Here are the shops I heard autoworx and synoptic tuning were the best at those swaps..and i was curious how much they would charge? If they can find me a motor in good shape, or I have to provide one? Who sells Sr20's in good shape? I got about 5k to spend...what do you guys recommend?

thank you!!

Math

for a good sr20 swap you will need

- A walbro 255lph fuel pump
- A front mount intercooler kits + piping ( or it can be custom made here in a shop )
- A blow off valve ( cause oem valve don't really come whit engines )
- A complete 3 inches exaust ( downpipe. test pipe and cat back )
- z32 fuel filter
- some new exaust manifold and turbo gasket ( change them whyle the engine is easely workable )

Try to get some coilover on your car so it will be more fun to drive whit an sr20. some Z32 or JDM S14 front caliper an disc will be good also because oem brake are pece of crap when you got more power.

You can buy good engines at Jdmracingmotors.com or any other '' japaneese shop '' around it. They also got complete exaust , coilover , maybe intercoolers and z32 brakes and all other used parts.

New part are available at 240sxmotoring.com.

2 of my friends swaped there s14 and they took ther parts out of a Jdm s14 Half cut So you have ALL you need whit some extras... And it affordable whit 5k.

Hope it helped you and sorry for my bad english
Andy

for a good sr20 swap you will need

- A walbro 255lph fuel pump
- A front mount intercooler kits + piping ( or it can be custom made here in a shop )
- A blow off valve ( cause oem valve don't really come whit engines )
- A complete 3 inches exaust ( downpipe. test pipe and cat back )
- z32 fuel filter
- some new exaust manifold and turbo gasket ( change them whyle the engine is easely workable )

Try to get some coilover on your car so it will be more fun to drive whit an sr20. some Z32 or JDM S14 front caliper an disc will be good also because oem brake are pece of crap when you got more power.

You can buy good engines at Jdmracingmotors.com or any other '' japaneese shop '' around it. They also got complete exaust , coilover , maybe intercoolers and z32 brakes and all other used parts.

New part are available at 240sxmotoring.com.

2 of my friends swaped there s14 and they took ther parts out of a Jdm s14 Half cut So you have ALL you need whit some extras... And it affordable whit 5k.

Hope it helped you and sorry for my bad english
Andy

your english is great, so i gue you might be french!?

pour un kit big brake z32 sa prend un kit complet avec les hubs? ou ya moyen de fiter sa, sans un hub assembly !?

^^^ le brake de 300zx avant c bolt on sur le hub de 240sx ...

quelle genre de bolt patern as tu : 5x114.3 ou du 4x114.3

ceux de 300zx c des 5x114.3 qui vont etre bolt on avec le reste ... si non ya des disque qui ce vende de la bonne grosseur ...
http://www.240sxmotoring.com/cispz32frbrr.html

la seul affaire que tu vas avoir besoin qui est custom c les ligne a brake ... qui sont achetable aussi chez 240sxmotoring ...

pour ton info ... juste la conversion avant c en masse pour le set-up que tu vas avoir ...

moi je roule sa 30mm avant avec pad project MU et disque brembo
arriere stock avec pad project MU et disque brembo ...

je commence a trouver que sa brake pas assez mais dit toi que je suis pas mal plus lourd qu'un sr (rb26dett)

Hey guys , I am looking to swap an SR20 redtop in my S14 ...

Here are the shops I heard autoworx and synoptic tuning were the best at those swaps..and i was curious how much they would charge? If they can find me a motor in good shape, or I have to provide one? Who sells Sr20's in good shape? I got about 5k to spend...what do you guys recommend?

thank you!!

Math

there is a couple shop that sale motors mtl ... i would by a front clip ... it comes with the engine / brake / brake line / everithing if you would like to do a front end conversion !!!

autoworx is the best shop in mtl (but i think you need to provide the engine) for the swap and robin almasi (sinoptic tuning) is one of the best for the wiring harness !!! avec ces 2 là , tu peux dormir sur tes 2 oreilles !!!!!!

swap $$$ : ?
wiring harness $$$ : +- 400 $

the best thing is to call autoworx and ask for Haig !!!

i personnaly have nothing at all against Robin, but i've heard from a guy that got his wiring done at almasi tuning! apparently he got throgh a few problems, because of the wiring! CEL wouldn't work.. and all kinds of little things like that!!! have seen robin' jobs, and they LOOK clean.. but beside LOOKING clean... under the loom, is it has clean !?

Robin does impressive wiring, but hes such a COCKY BASTARD because hes one of the only in Quebec. So were stuck with him. When he did my wiring job he did a very clean neat job but he forgot to do my wiring for my AC and he said he would do it later but he forgot and i forgot.

Robin does impressive wiring, but hes such a COCKY BASTARD because hes one of the only in Quebec. So were stuck with him. When he did my wiring job he did a very clean neat job but he forgot to do my wiring for my AC and he said he would do it later but he forgot and i forgot.

sa veut pas dire la job est mal fait pour autant.. Vous avez tout les 2 oublier quelque choses c'est tout! anyways comme tu dit! il est le seul au quebec, donc pas le choix! pi sa shop est pas loin de cher moi !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back