Who own a PTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_1313

Hi,

I just pull the triger on a highline meter and i would like to compare it to any other PTG.

If you own a PTG and would like to compare to the highline meter please let me know.

Thanks

wish I could help.

if I have to get one.. it will be this one:
http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=116

I was about to get the positest one but after making some research and talk with the guy at highlinemeter, i decided to go with the highlinemeter.

Why?

1. Highline meter as the same accuracy as positest (1-3%)
2. Highlinemeter has a 3 years warrantly vs positest 2 years warranty
3. Highline meter is distributed by elcometer (elcometer is one of the most reputable cie in this industry)
4. Highline meter cost with shipping and duty 430$. This is alot less than 730$ for the positest from eshine.ca

Yes the highlinemeter is made in china but i think if elcometer is backing up this product, it's because it's a quality product.

can it work on plastic? aluminum?

cause specially on some luxury cars.. many have the beautiful surprise on working on aluminum panels.

can it work on plastic? aluminum?

cause specially on some luxury cars.. many have the beautiful surprise on working on aluminum panels.

it work on ferrous and non-ferrous (like alluminium) metal like the positest.

it doesn't read the plastic. The only gauge that read the plastic and composite is the posi 200 that cost 1800$.

how does the alluminium differ from the iron when you work on a car?

it work on ferrous and non-ferrous (like alluminium) metal like the positest.

it doesn't read the plastic. The only gauge that read the plastic and composite is the posi 200 that cost 1800$.

how does the alluminium differ from the iron when you work on a car?

it heats up differently from iron, so a compound is a bit trickier.

ok that is what i tought.

With the PTG, you can see wich panel are aluminium or steel

if I get a PTG, the main purpose is to know which areas have been repaired (poty, bondo, plastic, repaints)

There's not that many cars that are fully aluminum built.

where did you get the Highline?

http://www.highlinemeter.com/

I think the price is so low since they dont deal with any dealer.

They ship via UPS so if you get this ship at your door, it will cost you 100$ for tax and duty.

This gauge cost me exactly 430$ with the conversion and the duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back