Polish experts pls come in !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italian_spak

Legacy Member
Hey guys whats up? Well ive been using Megs for 3 years now since i started detailing.

After claying i always use 83 from Megs with a yellow cutting pad to remove most of the swirls but i find it difficult to work with, it tends to dry pretty fast and it gives me the impression that it doesnt leave you much time to work in the product properly. After this step, i use 80 from Megs with a white pad to remove the last swirls possible and then going for the final step using a black finishing pad and Collinite no.845 to shine it all up.

The results come really good although some swirls still then to show...i was wondering if there is better products than the Megs to work with...Ive heard of Pinnacle and Menzerna

Id like to have your comments about these products and which ones to use for all 3 steps

thanks you for your help

ps: I use a PC 7424 and my car paint is Black with pearls:D

To me all products are kinda more or less equal. They wont do magic alone. It take the touch and experience to make a difference. I am a meg user as well ( professionnal line ) and my technique is correct but there is still some swirls even though my master, claude sevigny told me that me that my job is awesome for an amateur :)

pc7336 + swirl free + m21 2.0 2 layered and Lake Country pads m300 m400 and m500 :)

Maybe the PC is not enought powerfull to remove everything.

i started detailing in mai with a UDM and everytime i've worked on a car i realize i needed something more powerful. This is why yesterday i finaly bought a makita...

Maybe the PC is not enought powerfull to remove everything.

i started detailing in mai with a UDM and everytime i've worked on a car i realize i needed something more powerful. This is why yesterday i finaly bought a makita...

with all do respect.. you're taking a fast lane for quick jobs, kind of dangerous, but if you have the spare panels to scrap then why not. As I told you before.. maybe working on a rotary won't give you any trouble in the first jobs, but it takes time to master and to realize the dangers of a rotary polisher.

with all do respect.. you're taking a fast lane for quick jobs, kind of dangerous, but if you have the spare panels to scrap then why not. As I told you before.. maybe working on a rotary won't give you any trouble in the first jobs, but it takes time to master and to realize the dangers of a rotary polisher.

I understand what you mean but i never talked about my skill.

I'm just saying, if you work with a PC and you still see some scratchs after doing 1 and 2 pass, most of the time this is because a pc is not powerfull enought to remove everytings. Since you got alot of experience, you must know that the rotary is the best way and sometimes the only way to correct defaults.

I know the danger of a rotary and i dont know where you've read that but i never said i was going to do quick job with it. I bought one because i know the rotary is the only way to acheive professional job most of the times and i'm willing to learn and practice the rotary.

I understand what you mean but i never talked about my skill.

I'm just saying, if you work with a PC and you still see some scratchs after doing 1 and 2 pass, most of the time this is because a pc is not powerfull enought to remove everytings. Since you got alot of experience, you must know that the rotary is the best way and sometimes the only way to correct defaults.

I know the danger of a rotary and i dont know where you've read that but i never said i was going to do quick job with it. I bought one because i know the rotary is the only way to acheive professional job most of the times and i'm willing to learn and practice the rotary.

Sorry, I misread what you wrote.
Yeah even the flex will do about 90% what a rotary does. There's been a big change in the industry and many new cars come with a very thin layer of clear.. more aggressive lines meaning more challenging and easier to burn.

nope never tried the m105. I used the 86 so1o with not extraordinary result on my car... I will give back the bottle to claude I think hehe

re

PPL always told me to stay away from compounds...ill probably try Menzerna products ive read up alot on them and they seem to be doing really good!

PPL always told me to stay away from compounds...ill probably try Menzerna products ive read up alot on them and they seem to be doing really good!

If you're working with a PC, you got nothing to worry about.

A compound, is a heavy cut polish, and used with a rotary it will cut a nice layer of clear coat to level it up and remove imperfections. The bads about a compound can be hazing, paint burn. If you know what you're doing, a compounds is a must to correct heavy imperfections like heavy swirls/scratches, water spots, bird etching...

Not every car is the same, even the same model, year color, can vary in paint depth. The cars that one have to be careful are Ford, Chrysler, and specially Mazda. Very thin layer of clear coat.

As for brands, well you got to find a brand that will work the way you do, not the other way. My philosophy is that every detailer is different, and achieves successful outcomes with different products. Some people like Optimum, others Meguiars, Menzerna, Pinnacle, Zaino.... and so on. I've been working with Menzerna for almost 11 years, and used several products as well. Whatever brand you choose, your EYE is the most important tool in the process.

re

thats some great advice man, and i do work work with Pc 7424:bigup:

Thanks

Ps: Does menzerna have a good compound?

You got Menzerna Power Gloss. Very dusty, but effective. You have to follow with either Intensive polish or Final polish.

Here's the chart for you.

menzernamainchart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back