Pc 7424

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkd

Hello all detailing experts.

I need some advice and any input from more experienced users is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking into buying the PC 7424 kit from eshine and I was wondering if it would be a good buy (for a beginner's kit)?

And if anyone would recommend adding extra things needed with the PC, that would be a nice bonus too.

Kit comes with the PC, 3 pads and a backing plate.

Thanks!

The PC is a great and reliable machine. It's perfect for a beginner and you can do small paint correction with it. Dont except the PC to remove the medium and deep scratchs.

If you want more power and a safe machine, you could always buy the flex 3401. This machine is must smoother to operate and has the power to remove most of the mediums scratch. The downsides with this machine are that you cannot put a small backing plate for tight areas and the price.

I think one accesories that is a must is the little 3.5 inch Backing plate with the pads for the PC. Also, dont forget to buy the pads cleaning solution.

You find the flex smoother to operate?

It definatly has more torque than the PC and a bit noisier but I can use the PC with one hand and the flex required much more attention.

tkd: get the kit, cheaper and you'll start with the required pads right away.

You find the flex smoother to operate?

It definatly has more torque than the PC and a bit noisier but I can use the PC with one hand and the flex required much more attention.

tkd: get the kit, cheaper and you'll start with the required pads right away.

I found that the flex produce less vibration than my UDM and i think it is quieter. (Never heard a PC but i tought it was pretty similar to the UDM)

But you are right, i can use the udm with one hand but i need 2 for the flex.

I found that the flex produce less vibration than my UDM and i think it is quieter. (Never heard a PC but i tought it was pretty similar to the UDM)

But you are right, i can use the udm with one hand but i need 2 for the flex.

less vibration.. true that.. it's been a while I haven't use the pc. You wiill actually get less vibration with the 7336 due to a bigger counterweight when you work with the 6.5" pads.

I use earplugs anyways, but the sound of the flex was more of a higher pitch than the PC. George from thedetailingshop told me that the sound was different on the UDM compared to the PC.

less vibration.. true that.. it's been a while I haven't use the pc. You wiill actually get less vibration with the 7336 due to a bigger counterweight when you work with the 6.5" pads.

I use earplugs anyways, but the sound of the flex was more of a higher pitch than the PC. George from thedetailingshop told me that the sound was different on the UDM compared to the PC.

Yup, the vibration in the UDM is crazy compare to the flex.

honnestly, i think the best solution for a newbie is to buy a PC first and then buy a rotary when you'll be ready.

The flex is a great tool but you can get the combo ^ for about the same price as the flex alone.

Here is a little video comparing the PC and the flex, always interessting:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yht1uHJLNlQ"]YouTube - Flex XC 3401 VRG vs. Porter Cable 7424[/ame]

I've seen that video before.

There's something I don't get from the video. PO106FF + white pad = very little cutting power. You can clearly see how the camera focuses more on the swirls on the pc side, the focus can be very tricky, it can either focus on the reflection or on the actual clear coat.

You're right though, the PC is a better tool for a beginner for the price paid.

I've seen that video before.

There's something I don't get from the video. PO106FF + white pad = very little cutting power. You can clearly see how the camera focuses more on the swirls on the pc side, the focus can be very tricky, it can either focus on the reflection or on the actual clear coat.

You're right though, the PC is a better tool for a beginner for the price paid.

What product from eshine.ca swirld remover section would you recommend to buy as a beginner to remove swirls with a PC?

There are so many kinds, kinda confusing.

Moi j'ai acheté le kit de Poorboys mais j'ai laissé faire le SSR3 parce que selon les évaluations, il est très abrasif. J'ai donc acheté le SSR2 et SSR1. J'ai trouvé la formule intéressante étant donné que plus le chiffre est élevé, plus c'est abrasif. Ces polis sont supposés produire très peu de résidu et en plus la senteur est exquise hehehe.

Cette semaine, je vais essayer de faire disparaitre une légère imperfection et je vais donner mon compte rendu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back