Who is getting the new camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teko

Legacy Member
:bigup: Who is planning to get a new body after the announcement of 50D and D90? Who is jumping ships? What's ur current body?

Canon 50D Key Features

* 15.1 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
* 6.3fps continuous shooting, max. burst 90 JPEGs with UDMA card
* DIGIC 4 processor
* AF Microadjustment
* ISO 100-3200, expandable to 12800
* 9-point wide area AF
* 3.0” Clear View VGA LCD with Live View mode & Face Detection Live AF
* Magnesium alloy body, with environmental protection
* EOS Integrated Cleaning System
* HDMI connection for high quality viewing and playback on a High Definition TV
* Full compatibility with Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites

Nikon D90 Key Features

* 12.9 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor (effective pixels: 12.3 million)
* 3.0-inch 920,000 pixel (VGA x 3 colors) TFT-LCD (same as D3 and D300)
* Live View with contrast-detect AF, face detection
* Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
* Illuminated focus points
* Movie capture at up to 1280 x 720 (720p) 24 fps with mono sound :yikes:
* IS0 200-3200 range (100-6400 expanded)
* 4.5 frames per second continuous shooting (buffer: 7 RAW, 25 JPEG fine, 100 JPEG Normal)
* Expeed image processing engine
* 3D tracking AF (11 point)
* Short startup time, viewfinder blackout and shutter lag
* Slightly improved viewfinder (96% frame coverage)
* Extensive in-camera retouching including raw development and straightening
* Improved user interface
* New optional compact GPS unit (fits on hot shoe)
* Same battery and vertical grip as D80
* Vignetting control in-camera
* 72 thumbnail and calendar view in playback

I will start... :p

Using 40D right now, not going to upgrade... However, AF Microadjustment "probably" can fix the Canon's biggest problem/critics.

I will wait till I hear the announcement of 5DII and make a decision to go FF or not. Otherwise, improve LCD, AF Microadjustment, bigger sensor with lower ISO noise are promising. Also from some first reviews, AF on 50D is probably fastest in the markets, faster and more accurate than 1D... We'll wait till it comes out to believe that though.

i wanted to upgrade to a 40D but now i'm waiting. I'm also waiting for the new 5dII, so that the prices of the 5D drop. I want FF

Why in god's name are you attracted to a camera because it has more pixels on the sensor? Unless you print for National Geographic you have no use for that resolution. Look for other features instead, you get a lot more use out of that. I'm saying that because it's outlined in bold....

As for the micro AF, don't forget that in Canon cameras, AF performance is entirely dependent on the power that the body uses to drive the focusing motors. Even my super quick L lenses feel sluggish on most bodies. When I connect them to my 1DMk2 they come into their own, razor quick. Any improvement in that area is definitely a reason to upgrade, much more than the megapixel count. *tu*

Why in god's name are you attracted to a camera because it has more pixels on the sensor? Unless you print for National Geographic you have no use for that resolution. Look for other features instead, you get a lot more use out of that. I'm saying that because it's outlined in bold....

As for the micro AF, don't forget that in Canon cameras, AF performance is entirely dependent on the power that the body uses to drive the focusing motors. Even my super quick L lenses feel sluggish on most bodies. When I connect them to my 1DMk2 they come into their own, razor quick. Any improvement in that area is definitely a reason to upgrade, much more than the megapixel count. *tu*

relax... I just outlined the main upgrades from previous model. :p

I will start... :p

Using 40D right now, not going to upgrade... However, AF Microadjustment "probably" can fix the Canon's biggest problem/critics.

I will wait till I hear the announcement of 5DII and make a decision to go FF or not. Otherwise, improve LCD, AF Microadjustment, bigger sensor with lower ISO noise are promising. Also from some first reviews, AF on 50D is probably fastest in the markets, faster and more accurate than 1D... We'll wait till it comes out to believe that though.

same here

x2 its just perfect for me ...

i just love it

i wanted to upgrade to a 40D but now i'm waiting. I'm also waiting for the new 5dII, so that the prices of the 5D drop. I want FF

the full frame is tempting me :)

the FF bodies have less noise through the ISO ranges. Thats the primary reason I want to upgrade. At 400 i start seeing noise and 1600 is not useful on my XT.

30d presentement et je prefere investir sur des lentilles. Eventuellement je ferai peut-etre le switch au FF

relax... I just outlined the main upgrades from previous model. :p

I'm extremely relaxed. Too much importance on megapixels everywhere, it's getting tiring. I wish they would tout the other features of the cameras better instead of holding this megapixel race...

The problem with that is few people can actually relate to the other features. Megapixels is something they can visualize.

n00b: Nice camera, what is it?
Pro: Canon IDMkIII
n00b: cool how many MP?
Pro: 10.1
noob: mine has 15.1, mine is better.
pro:...mine has virually no noise across my ISO settings, is capable of 10fps,is full frame, has 45-point Area AF sensor with 19 high-precision, ,cross-type points, 26 standard-precision Assist AF points ......
noob: I have 15.1 megapickles.

The problem with that is few people can actually relate to the other features. Megapixels is something they can visualize.

n00b: Nice camera, what is it?
Pro: Canon IDMkIII
n00b: cool how many MP?
Pro: 10.1
noob: mine has 15.1, mine is better.
pro:...mine has virually no noise across my ISO settings, is capable of 10fps is full frame,has 45-point Area AF sensor with 19 high-precision, ,cross-type points, 26 standard-precision Assist AF points ......
noob: I have 15.1 megapickles.

1DMkIII n'est pas full frame; c'est un 1.3 .

Planning to get the D300 + BP, 70-200 F2.8 VR + 17-55 F2.8 and maybe SB-900. I chose the D300 because the 70-200 is better on a DX format + the camera is cheap, so when the D3x will be released, I'll still have money to get it and have a killer combo!

I had the D700 in mind but it's too expensive for what it is, the D300 is almost the same thing minus the FF, which I prefer to wait for them to make a better FF sensor. Not that it's bad, but it's only the beginning of FF sensor...

i'll stick with my old 20D :D

an upgrade is useless for me now, and it doesn't fit my budget haha.

My brother might pick up a D90 tho, very tempting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back