Fibration in my car, need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteZomby

I have this fibration in my steering wheel on my Accord and I don't have a clue where it's comming from. It's only there when I am above 90-100km/h but it doesn't do it all the time so that meens it's not a wheel ballancing thing for sure and anyways I just had my winter tires reballanced a couple of weeks ago. I know I have a loose ball joint on the left side that I need to get fixed but do you think that it could be comming from there. This thing is starting to tick me off because it's not there all the time. I could be going 120 and it's fine and then a couple of minutes later in starts doing it again and then stops without me doind anything. Any help would be appreciated because I don't know what to check next. I will get the ball joint fixed in a couple of days but what else could it be. Any ideas???

You may have lost a weight from the wheel which would explain the shaking. A loose ball joint is also a reason for the vibration. You should check the whole front end to see if there is anything else loose or that needs replacement.
Call us if you'd like an appointment in the garage.

Well like I said I just got the wheels balanced and the weights are still there (that was the first thing I checked) but like I said I'm sure it's not a wheel ballancing thing because it does not shake all the time. I'm prety sure it is the ball joint (checked everything when I put my winter tires on where I work on the lift and everything is ok except that left lower ball joint) so I'll need need to replace it. So how much do you charge to change the lower left ball joint on a 91 Accord with an alingment? I'd like to get your price because I already took it to Midas to get a price on it. I'd do it myself but whe don't have a press to remove the ball joint so I'll just get it done.

White zombie an original honda ball joint is
about $60.00.(its worth every penny)
I would charge you $20.00 to install it.
(514)595-5394

OK so you charge me 20$ to install but I have to bring you the spindle or just the car and you take the spindle off and put the new ball joint on because at 20$, it's dirt cheap?

I had the problems on one on my cars before....it was a loose Cv joint in the axle.... sometimes there was vibration, something not

hope this can help you

Boris

integra gs 1992... en construction
swift GL 1991, winter beater

Thanks speedbro92 but my axles are new (both) so I know it's not that either. I'm pretty sure it's the ball joint and I'm getting that changed tomorrow and whe'll see after that I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back