good compound/ polishing pads ***PICS****

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkestfenix

Anybody can shed some light on the best or very good compound and polishing pads to use?

I need to get rid of some swirl marks and some 1000 grit sand marks.

And for the polishing its going to be for my car.

Anyplace recommended place to go see or brands?

for a Dewalt variable speed polisher (7 inch pads)

Last edited:
1000 grit sand marks?

man, either you wet sanded with a 2000 gritt, or you use a whool pad.

ill show some pics. long story short.

My best friends, close friend owns a shop. painted parents car for cost price practically. Once car was painted. Told me to let it cure for 2 weeks and come back for final buff/wetsand as he had other jobs to do.
Once the 2 weeks finally came I had university finals = no time. 1 week after he had left to Cali to open a shop there with a partner = me f***ed. 12 months later hes still in Cali enjoying the good life = me left with a 2007 black malibu with f***ed up clear.

Car has hologram scratches. It looks like he took sandpaper for wood and tried to sand the paint and left it half done... I have no other way to describe it.

Anyways thats one problem.

My other one, I want to polish my car to give a glass finish. Theres no swirl marks or "contaminants", whatsoever as I painted it around 6 months ago and have "baby-washed" it since. Almost once a week, 2 bucket method, wax almost everytime, etc.

Want to get around to polish, glaze and seal.

ill show some pics. long story short.

Best friends, close friend owns a shop. painted parents car for cost price. Once car was painted. Told me to let cure for 2 weeks and come back for final buff/wetsand as he had other jobs to do.
Once the 2 weeks finally came I had university finals = no time. 1 week after he had left to Cali to open a shop there with a partner = me f***ed. Car has hologram scratches. Like he took sandpaper for wood and tried to sand and left it half done.

Hologram scratches are easy to get rid of.

Take Menzerna Final Polish and a Orange ou White pad and they will disapears.

If there is 1000 gritt sand paper marks for real. Sand down to 2000 at least and get either Optimum Hyper Compound and follow with Final Polish or Menzerna Power Gloss followed by Final Polish.

DSC06141.jpg

DSC06142.jpg

DSC06143.jpg

DSC06146.jpg

Sorry just took the pics in the dark. So the only light in the garage was the flash itself.

PS: 1000grit is a slight exageration lol It just looks really bad considering my standards of clear coat finish.

I'm sure you guys have had your fair share of bad scratches to work with though. I find these ones really bad.

Theres so many scratches that under the sun youd say its practically like the clearcoat is white because of all the reflections from the scratches.

Hard to tell from a photo, but I'd say something like an orange pad and Menzerna Super Intensive Polish would do.

Hard to tell from a photo, but I'd say something like an orange pad and Menzerna Super Intensive Polish would do.

Yep and and some Menzerna Final Polish + white pad to clean up(hazing or micro marring caused by Super Intense Polish) and it will shine in no time.

a very good compond you could use is by 3M it is in a black container you just buff with that

LoL ...thats like saying find a needle in the haystack, 3M makes hundred's of compounds and polishes !

Yes, their UltraFina line is top rated, but it will cost you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back