attn 99altimagxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider

Legacy Member
hey i have a question u think u can answer this ? i wanna put a 15'' in my civic hatch 91 i have teh back shelf. so i went to see my friend at his shop and he said that it doesn't fit he said if he makes a custom box it won't sound as good cuz its pointing upwards so do you know what i can do ? its cuz im getting the sub for cheap . :dunno:

sorry, just waking from my hang over.... uhmmm, it won't sound that bad pointing upwards. Your 15" may put out a great deal of distortion though if imporperly powered or in a bad enclosure. Have a look at yellowbimmer's old setup, he had his subs firing upwards and it sounded fine. However, your in a hatch, we're in sedans. There is going to be a big difference in the way the sound is. Typically hatches are used for SPL competition setups, and personally I have never really heard many subs in HB's. Although even Danny may be able to answer this one better then I, if I recall correctly, he had a sub mounted upward in his old CRX.

well i have a 91 civic with a 12 inch sub, and the box fits with plenty of space,

a bandpass box... well for the 12" it JUST fits under the shelf, but i dont think a 15" bandpass would fit

im pretty sure just a regular 15" box would fit. goto a store and take the measurments of a box, thats the best way to go

it doesn't fit standing up and he said to make a custom box its gonna cost me so i i decided 2 get 2 12'' orions should sound sick

Originally posted by lowrider
it doesn't fit standing up and he said to make a custom box its gonna cost me so i i decided 2 get 2 12'' orions should sound sick
Well, from a technical aspect... 2 12" should be louder then 1 15" (more cone area). Although the box and power handling have EVERYTHING to do with it!

yup the box fits just under the shelf and its a hatch its not that big so 2 12'' should disturb the peace lol as for power andling i donno the exact model im getting yet so ill have to see thanx man .

Just for your question about the subs pointing up, I have an integra 90 (hatch) and two MTX pointing upwards and it's ****ing crazy, and the good thing is that the trunk doesn't rattle as much because the subs don't pound against the back of the trunk but against the window

thanx but its too late the guy sold the sub and i am looking for 1 12'' the thing is i donno if it will be enough bass.:dunno:

i have 1 12" 550 watt sub (275rms) with a 540 watt amp (330rms)
and its more bass than needed. its not to loud outside the car.. but inside, thats another story.

i say goto addison, or ddo electronics, and get a 12" max pentivent. and if you have the cash, i think theres a 900watt sub there for not too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back