My turn ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXAS2LO

I know there are some threads for it but I think we all have different needs and wishes and our body type isnt all the same !!

height : 6 ft
weight : 180 pds

I have a fit ( cut ) physique to start with but I dont train ...

Wishes : pecs, abs ( used to have them but lost them ), gain mass top body.

Legs ? I dont care for now, call me chicken legs or whatever the **** you want, its not my priority at this point and I dont plan on wearing shorts this winter :p

I will subscribe to the gym this week with my girl. I also wanna do some cardio to keep it up.

Now the question if I plan going 3 times a week about ..
Theres a energie cardio 2 minutes from ym place .. do you guys know if they have full equipment or only cardio ( bicycles and stuff )

-How long should I stay at the gym per day that I go ?
-What training should I be looking at ( reps, weight, etc )
- Food, something I should eat or cut ?? I usually dont drink water so I guess this would be a start ... but food wise .. whats good ?
- Protein and all this shit or no ?

Any other things that you know, that I should know ... please go ahead and teach me *tu*

I'll try my best to answer what I could but I might be wrong with some things

As far as I know, Energie Cardio has all of the equipment. The few that I've been to had it anyways. Cardo and weights.

- I would say at least an hour to an hour and a half every visit
- Don't really know specific training. Obviously working your upper body but I don't know the names of all those things.
- You should have quite a bit of protein in your diet. Ideally, you should be drinking only water but we all know that doesn't happen sometimes so I'm sure a few other drinks aren't so bad.

Eggs, tuna, lean meat, chicken, etc.

Lots of knowledgeable guys on here and I'm sure they'll have a lot of good things to say once they jump in here. I hope this helps in the meantime!

Good luck with everything :D

-how long should i stay at the gym per day that i go ?

keep it short, especially in the beginning 45mins - 1hour

-what training should i be looking at ( reps, weight, etc )

since you will be working out for the first time, i would recommend not pushing yourself too much during the first weeks, especially with free weights. Exercising is a learning process for the body, you have to learn to execute your movements with the correct form before adding any kind of weight. No need to start with 4 sets/ exercise...

- food, something i should eat or cut ?? I usually dont drink water so i guess this would be a start ... But food wise .. Whats good ?

i try eating 4 times a day, and having snacks at least every 2h30 - 3 hours a day. I suppose it depends on how hard you plan on working out, and how your metabolism works. One thing you have to remember, you need to eat enough if you want to grow. A rule of thumb ive seen a lot is proteins = your weight (pounds) in grams per day.

Make sure you re hydrated before going to the gym and while you re there.

- protein and all this shit or no ?[/b]
if you don t get enough from your daily nutrition, sure.
I would recommend whey protein right after the gym because of it s high bv.
And casein just before bed.

BUT THERE IS NO SECRETS TO A SUCCESSFUL WORK OUT, ignore everything you ve heard, all the rumors etc. The 3 simple rules are as follow:

1. WORK HARD AND EFFICIENTLY AT THE GYM
Good program, Efficient, Variations in your exercises, push yourself, BE CONSTANT, go weekly (Enough but not too often)

2. EAT LIKE A HORSE
Eat, eat, eat and eat well. If your nutriments, calorie intake is not sufficient, working out is just pointless or very innefficient (as far as mass gaining goes) Same goes for water

3. REST
Make sure you are rested between your workouts. Remember, you don't gain mass at the gym, it happens when your tissues are in their repair process and that s when you re resting. A lot of people are limiting themselves by overtraining and they dont realize it. 8 hours of sleep is necessary as well

Follow these 3 rules and you will see results.

height : 6 ft
weight : 180 pds

I have a fit ( cut ) physique to start with but I dont train ...

Wishes : pecs, abs ( used to have them but lost themAny other things that you know, that I should know ... please go ahead and teach me *tu*
Your 180 and Cut, but you cant See your abs?

Your over 15% Bodyfat, i can tell you without even looking at you.

If you have a gut, your over 18% Body fat.

Get down to 10% BF,even if it means to drop to 160-165.

So basically I'm not doing much when I work out but having a VERY bad habbit of forgetting to eat throughout the day and usually getting only 5-6 hours of sleep?

Thanks guys !!
As for my Abs they still show but less then before. I was weigthing 165 from 16 to 24 years old and I have gained 15 to 18 pounds in the last 3 months. Mini gut yes but nothing major. Thanks again julteg. I will subscribe tomorrow and check with a trainer to get the right movements so I don't **** anything up lol. I used to train but time flies by. Its been over 7 years !

I'm stucking on the "legs are not a priority" thing. You must train your body as a whole. The legs are your biggest muscles and natural testosterone boosters. They make your hearth pump stronger and since they need the biggest energy input they are the best way to make you "cut". Your going to boost your upper body by training your legs like mad.

Essaie ça 12 semaines ! Je fais toujours ça avant l'été question de revenir un peu plus sec. En plus tu as pas l'impression de perdre trop de masse puisque que tu peux charger en masse en même temps. Donc pour tes besoins je suis pas mal certain que ça va t'aider à prendre de la masse.

Training:

Abs (Day1)
Reverse Crunch (Leg raise sur un board à 45 degré) 3x12-20
Bicycle Alt. (Matelas)2x20
Crunch (Swiss Ball) 2x15-20
Biceps (Day1)
Curl Barbell 10-8-6-15
1 arm Preacher curl 4x6+(4 1/2)
Triceps (Day1)
V-Bar Triceps.-Down 4x10-12
Lying Dumb. Extension 4x8-10
Push-Up (Mains Collées)2xMax
Warm-up - Bike 10 Minutes

Jambes (Day2)
Warm-up - Tapis 6-8 Min. 3.5MPH, 4Deg.
Leg extension 2x30(Léger)
Leg Press(Wide)45Deg. 5x20-15-12-10-10
Paralell Squat 4x12-15
Abducteur 3x12-15
One Leg Curl 4x8-10
Dumb. Stiff Legs Deadlift 4x10-12
Mollets (Day2)
Mollets sur Leg Press 3x10-12 (Super 7)
One Calf Raise(Block)4xMax

Abs (Day3)
Reverse Crunch 3x12-20
Chest (Day3)
Dumb. Bench Press 5x8
Incline Smith Press 4x10-8-6-15
Dips 3x8-12
Pull-Over Across Bench 3x10-12

Abs (Day4)
Reverse Crunch 3x12-20
Back (Day4)
Wide Chin-Up (Front)4x10
T-Bar Row4x12
Straight-Arm Pull-Down3x8-10
Barbell Shrug Behind Back3x10-12 (Super7)
Dumbell Shrug 3x8-10 (Super7)

Chest (Day 5)
*Touch-Up Dumb. Bench4x12
Épaules (Day 5)
Dumb. Press Assis4x8( Super 7)
Lateral Incline(Face au Banc)4x10 (Super7)
One Arm Bent Lateral on Low Pulley3x10
Front Raise Barbell Close Grip 2x8-10

Last edited:
Pourquoi commence tu par des exercices d'abs? Les abs devrait toujours etre fait en dernier non?

Pourquoi des drops set sur un Bicep curl a la barre?
Curl Barbell 10-8-6-15

2 bicep vs 3 tricep? une raison particulière?
surtout que tu travail doublement les triceps durant la plupart des journées de chest alors que tu solicite tres peu les biceps lors de exercices de dos.

Aussi il dit vouloir travailler en masse :
1 arm Preacher curl 4x6+(4 1/2) une série de 6 on tire bcp plus du coté de la force absolut.

Quand tu écrit 3 x 10-12, c'est 10 ou c'est 12? parce que pour optimiser une prise de masse la derniere répétion doit etre la derniere possible sinon on augmente le poid. Alors si on dit 10 et qu'on peut en faire une 11ieme on augmente le poid.

Leg extension 2x30(Léger) tu n'a pas peur d'hypertrofier ton muscle? surtout que tu a déja un warm up de fait... ?

Ce n'est pas des repproches que je te fait mais j'aimerai que tu me dise pourquoi si possible.

Aussi je pense que si il commence a s'entrainner c'est un peu solide comme training.
Je vais poster un traning ce soir tu me dira ce que tu en pense Jesse

Bon, le training plus haut est un bon trainning mais je suis pas certain qu'il soit vraiment correct pour un débutant ( plus le fait qu'il soit sur 5 jours)
Moi j'irait comme suit:

Premierement : 3 fois c'est vraiment un minimun, si tu veut prendre de la masse je te conseille d'y aller au moins 4 fois par semaine.

Si on se base sur 4 fois semaine, j'établirait un plan de 2 jour que tu repete deux fois par semaine.

Je sais que tu veut mettre ton énergie sur le haut du corps mais ne fait pas l'erreur de ne pas faire de jambe du tout. C'est SUPER important. Les jambes doivent aussi se renforcer si tu désire augementer ta masse, garde en tete que c'est eux qui soutienne le poid de ton corps. Si tu veut pas te retrouver avec des probleme de dos, travail les jambes.

J'irait avec 1 journée :

Pectoraux - Épaules - Triceps
(garde en tete que tu doit toujours travailler les plus grosses masses en premier si tu veut soliciter un maximun de fibre musculaire)
Raison pour laquelle on travail le tricep la meme journé que les pecs :
On solicite doublement le triceps lors des exercices de tricep, donc si tu t'entraine 2 jour de suite on garde quand meme un 48h de repos avant de retravailler le meme groupe musculaire.

Bon pour ce qui est des répetion :
1-6 = Force absolut
6 a 10(12) = Force relative
10-15 = endurance musculaire

On va travailler dans le rang 6 a 10

Donc
Pecs (day 1)
Flat Bench : 4 x 8 break : 1.30 - 2min
Décline Bench : 4 x 8 break : 1.30 - 2 min
Inclien Bench : 4 x 8 Break : 1.30 - 2 min
Épaules :
dévelloper millitaire (dumbell) : 3 x 10 break : 1.30 - 2 min
Lateral Raise (dumbell) : 3 x 10 break : 1.30 - 2min
Triceps:
Tricep a la poulie Haute(prise en pronation) : 3x 10 break : 1.30 - 2min
Lying extention(bar) : 3x 10 break : 1.30 - 2min

journée 2 :
Jambes-Dos- Biceps
Leg press : 3 x 12 break : 1.30 - 2min
Squat (en cage si débutant) 3 x 10 break : 1.30 - 2min
Dos :
Seated Row (prise Large) (solicitation du Grand dorsal) 3 x 10 break : 1.30 - 2min
Chin-up Prise rapprocher (solicitation double du bicep ) 3 x 10 break : 1.30 - 2min
Biceps :
I would recommend starting with the ''larry Scott'' machine 3 x 10 break : 1.30 - 2min
bicep curl (dumbell) prise marteau 3 x 10

Jvais éditer le post avec des abdos mais jveut vérifier avant
Aussi un échauffement de 10 min sur le tapis serait bon!

Afin de respecter le principe de périodiciter tu doit changer au moins 75% de té exercies une fois tout les 10 a 14 semaine!
Bonne entrainnement

1st of all, OUI c'est peut être un peu solide pour un débutant, mais j'avais lu: Wishes : pecs, abs ( used to have them but lost them ), gain mass top body.

Donc je me suis dit qu'il avait quand même de l'expérience en entrainement, donc pas obliger non plus de suivre à la lettre le training.

Moi c'est mon training de cut, mais j'ai des amis qui font ça à longueur d'année et qui sont assez costauds.

Pourquoi commence tu par des exercices d'abs? Les abs devrait toujours etre fait en dernier non?

Avant ou après n'a peut d'importance, moi je le fait comme ça, ça me réchauffe en même temps.

Pourquoi des drops set sur un Bicep curl a la barre?
Curl Barbell 10-8-6-15

Pour charger ex: 60-80-90-55lbs

Aussi il dit vouloir travailler en masse :
1 arm Preacher curl 4x6+(4 1/2) une série de 6 on tire bcp plus du coté de la force absolut.

Dans le fond ça donne 4 x12 reps 6 full + 6 demi.

2 bicep vs 3 tricep? une raison particulière?
surtout que tu travail doublement les triceps durant la plupart des journées de chest alors que tu solicite tres peu les biceps lors de exercices de dos.

J'ai toujours trouvé que c'est les triceps qui font un beau bras et un groupe de muscle plus gros que le bicep, donc j'ai toujours trainer plus hard sur ça.

Quand tu écrit 3 x 10-12, c'est 10 ou c'est 12? parce que pour optimiser une prise de masse la derniere répétion doit etre la derniere possible sinon on augmente le poid. Alors si on dit 10 et qu'on peut en faire une 11ieme on augmente le poid.

C'est seulement pour un indicatif de poids, Charge pour 10 reps pis tant mieu si tu peux en faire 12, mais pas léger pour être capable d'en faire 15 non plus.

Leg extension 2x30(Léger) tu n'a pas peur d'hypertrofier ton muscle? surtout que tu a déja un warm up de fait... ?

Pentoute !

Pour terminé, j'ai tentez de lui fournir un programme pour qu'il est un résultat immédiatement, puis oui ça va faire mal demain, pis après demain et le sur lendemain. Moi j'ai toujours eu de très bon résultat avec ça.

Il y a plusieurs écoles de pensé en musculation, chacun la sienne. Moi c'est si tu es plus gros que moi j'te crois, mais tu à l'air assez callé en la matière avec tes grands mots :bigup:

P.S. Ce training je ne l'ai pas inventé personnellement, il m'a été fournie part Dan le proprio du Muscle Depot. (Entraineur/Nutritionniste)

Last edited:
jess its a full gym they have everything including a sauna, I just started training there, if your serious you should def check it out.

If you want to try out a gym, monster gym gives a 30 day free trial. It's huge, they have hundreds of machines, 24/7, haawt chix and muscle dicks. + its in the west island, but i dont know where u live (brunswick/sources)

BUT THERE IS NO SECRETS TO A SUCCESSFUL WORK OUT, ignore everything you ve heard, all the rumors etc. The 3 simple rules are as follow:

1. WORK HARD AND EFFICIENTLY AT THE GYM
Good program, Efficient, Variations in your exercises, push yourself, BE CONSTANT, go weekly (Enough but not too often)

2. EAT LIKE A HORSE
Eat, eat, eat and eat well. If your nutriments, calorie intake is not sufficient, working out is just pointless or very innefficient (as far as mass gaining goes) Same goes for water

3. REST
Make sure you are rested between your workouts. Remember, you don't gain mass at the gym, it happens when your tissues are in their repair process and that s when you re resting. A lot of people are limiting themselves by overtraining and they dont realize it. 8 hours of sleep is necessary as well

Follow these 3 rules and you will see results.
A couple of pointers on top of what Julteg1 already posted:

- The gym you go to shouldnt matter. It's how you train and how you motivate yourself.

- For the first week, learn the proper technique/movements with weights that are comfterble.
- Second week; still dont push too hard (heavy weights)
- Third weak; at this point your body should be (everybody is different, it could take more or less time for different people) in a state where you'll be able to push heavy weights.

- If you get on protein, there's a simple rule that your body can only digest 30-35g of protein at a time, the rest get's stored as fat (nothing you'll notice/have to be worried about if you frequent the gym regularly) HOWEVER it is preferably better to have a little bit more than not have enough, as not having enough would slow down recovery.

--

This is my MAIN point that really helped me actually gain size and increase my strenght (drastically) Remember this for the future, not for the first month of training.

When you have the proper technique and discipline to keep technique in play when using heavy weights: Take a weight 2-3 steps heavier than a weight you feel a little uncomfterble with. BUT only do this specific muscle area once in that session. (The reason for this for the people who are wondering, is because once you trigger muscle recovery, it doesnt matter how much you rip it by doing 3 different types of exercises for the same muscle. Rip the muscle tissue once properly and you're good to go *tu*)

(Example, if you curl 30lbs [this being the 2nd set] and after 8 reps you feel the burn but are still able to get to 10 reps without too much trouble, go with curling 40lbs instead)

You will see massive gains this way. Because you are TRULY going out of your comfort zone, and when your body isnt comfterble, it adapts by growing. [if you're feeling sore as if you just got the shit kicked out of you, you did the workout properly]

Dont do the exact same workout the exact same day of the week for 3 months straight. Your body will get use to it and you wont see as much gain as if you were to switch up and trick your body a bit. (read next line to find out why)

Your body likes adapting to things, when you adapt, you get comfterble. If you're comfterble, you dont grow.

Just remember: If you dont have the proper movement/technique, you WILL hurt yourself.

I hope this helps :bigup:

Moi jcommencerais les jambes dès le départ aussi au pire 1 fois semaine parce que c'est plus long a voir les résultats que le haut du corp.
En plus comme quelqu'un a dit lesjambes sont les plus gros muscles du corps et ce qui fait pousser le plus de sang... Un moment donné du va atteindre un plateau que tu ne pourra pas surmonter si tu fait pas les jambes...
Faut être équilibré !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back