wires for a sound system

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuTe68

could any1 tell me where to buy wires for my sound system at a good price??? i went to a shop, and they were asking 120$$$

Originally posted by MuTe68
could any1 tell me where to buy wires for my sound system at a good price??? i went to a shop, and they were asking 120$$$
Well thats way too much. Thats like paying $6/ft.

Where did you go?

It's all going to depend on if your buying an amp kit, or buying the wires, fuses, etc. seperately. I usually like to buy everything seperate, that way you get what you need, not what a company thinks you'll need! I bought mine from an audio shop, except I get huge discounts at this place (which will remain unknown). For instance, a quote I got on my upcoming purchase... a $1600 amp I can get for $1100. But he told me if he catches me purchasing something like this and it's not in my car, I lose my priviledges :( Damn I could be a rich man if it wasnt for that :D

Anyways back on topic :) What size wire are you looking for? What kind was it they were trying to sell you? What kind of RCAs was he sellin you? Was the guy working on commission? (Don't be scared to ask him... he has to answer you truthfully). If he says yes, then ask him if you can look over your purchsase and to explain the advantages over certain wires. If he can't do it, or his explanations sound a little off the wall, just say "Thank you" and leave. The avg length of ANY wire you'll need is around 17ft (power wire and RCAs). Anyways, good luck and I'll be around for anything. Best thing to do is find yourself someone you trust to buy all your stuff from!

radio

i went to charlie's audio on st-michel and champdore, i also went back and asked him how much it would cost for him to take out my stock radio and install my pioneer radio, with all the wiring for the sound system and he told me about 125$$ which doesn't make to much sense cuz the guy the other day told me 120$ for just the wires..
either way the list of wires i showed him is:
-16 feet 4 gauge power
-5 feet 4gauge ground
-1 set blue rca plugs
-1 roll remote
-50 amp cylinderical fuse with fuse holder
-two 4 gauge gold wire conductor
-two square black speaker wire
-connectors for sub box

and i got this all from a friend who told me it should only be about 80 bucks

any suggestions would help a lot

Re: radio

Originally posted by MuTe68

either way the list of wires i showed him is:
-16 feet 4 gauge power
-5 feet 4gauge ground
-1 set blue rca plugs
-1 roll remote
-50 amp cylinderical fuse with fuse holder
-two 4 gauge gold wire conductor
-two square black speaker wire
-connectors for sub box

and i got this all from a friend who told me it should only be about 80 bucks

any suggestions would help a lot
Well, I'm guessing they're probably over charging you on the power wire. Here's a quick run down of my guesstimate (in the same order):
@1.90 - 2.50 (depends on the make, this is a cheap one :D): $30-$40
$5-$10 (you don't need 5 feet, maybe 2 or 3)
$15
$5
$5
$5
$10
$3 (terminal? made your own box?)

Keep in mind these are all generalised and done quickly. (no research, just estimates)! :D

if you live in the west check out DDO electronic their on brunswick,
right across the street from guzzo. They have all the same prices as addisson cause theyre like a distributor for them and you wont have to wait in traffic!:bigup:

I can sell you some wire, I am a seller of Street Wires
They do almost the best wire I know
I can have any price and any quality
just send me an e-mail at pkelly84@hotmail.com
And please tell me where your from to give me an idea

yeah ! ADDISSON Electronic !! near PIE IX also one in laval on boul. Laurentide below st-Martin
they got everything u need 4 real cheap..
u buy by the foot..so you get exactly what you need !! :bigup: then even have digital caps for 175 $$ --goes for 250+ in stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back