Distributor problem on b16a1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Speedix21

Hi, I have a first gen b16a...and There is some loose on the shaft of my distributor...I would like to know, can I take a civic SIR (1999-2000) or a Del Sol b16a's distributor (only the casing) and put my 1st gen electronics in it???

Thanks in advance!

Yes and you can also use a DOHC Del Sol one if you can find one. It might even work with any Integra distributor casing but I'm not sure. Let us know if it works.

I know that I could use the 90-91 Integra's distributor, but i'll have to knock one of the mouting legs... I don't like that very much though...

But, I'll try what you said...thanks!

So you can use one, i wasn't sure but thanks for telling me. I know what you meen about ghetto installs like that, I rather do it the right way also.

Before anyone give you wrong info you'd be best to hear from someone that has actually done the swap himself.

Cap and rotor are from a 90-93 integra 1.8l (Non VTEC) Not From a 93+ Delslow DOHC VTEC of 99-2k SiR.

Try and you will have to return it to Honda and they won't accept it because it's an electrical part.

As for breaking or not using one of the holes.... NO... they all line up.

You can also use the Cap off of a 1988-91 Civic/CRX Si but...for the rotor you'll need to get one for an 90-93 Integra. If you got more questions hit me with mail.

donato1.jpg

Donato

I wasn't talking about using the cap and rotor off those other distributors, I was just talking about using the core and transfering every thing else from his distributor to the new one (cap, rotor, electronics inside etc...). I know the cap and rotor are diff than other models.

If the shaft is loose , then either the bearing is finished
or the screw for the rotor is not secure.
If bearing is finished then i recomened replacing
the distributor with the proper one(89-91 B16A).
You cant use 92 and up guts!!!!!
The distributor from 90-93 integ does not fit!!!!
Only 92-93 B17 GSR fits!
Anyways I have in stock B16A first gen distributors
it would cost you $300.00
ROB@AUTO LAMINAR
(514) 595-5394

Thank you guys for your help!

LaminarX: Right now I can't afford it (xmas time) but I will remember you when the time comes! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back