Winter pressure wash vs rust proofing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soncep

Legacy Member
I wish to pressure wash my car in the winter to keep the crap away from my wheel wells.
Is this good or will it disturb my rust proofing?

it will disturb rustproofing. definitely. Thats why at the beginning of spring, dealers offer to pressure wash your car. To remove the rust-proofing and all the contaminants (salt, mud, etc)

And if your going to be doing repetitavely say once everyday or once a week... After a month, there shouldnt be any rustproofing left.... = bad.

unless you grease it up yourself afterwards.... You should just spray it with a hose, not a pressure washer.

I don t think just water will do much harm. It takes a degreaser to remove this stuff. I wish pressure washer will remove rustproof so i will save on degreaser when cleaning engine compartment.

How much you want to bet they're going to say No, because they dont want you to think their product is crap. LOL

listen go n pressure wash the crap out of yur wheels dnt even worry about it......as long as u ddint cheap out on were u got yur rustproofing done,

i use proform wax n oil based rustproofing n TRUST me it takes more than a pressure washer to rip it off after its cured a few days, weve done the test in house!

for those really paranoid ppl i also use a PERMANENT rusproofing thats mixed with parrafine from proform.....one cured its nearly indestrucible as the parrafine becomes soild yet flexible enough that it wont crack or chip!

the myth is busted!

to remove rustproofing you need to physically remove it.
those gas station pressure washers are designed to remove dirt and salt.

I highly doubt it, and if it come off, they it was not a good quality rust proofing.
not all rust proofing is the same.

BUT dont blast your car with the gun at 1inch of distance like a retard

ever seen those cheap car wash guys blasting yur paint inchs away .....scary stuff il tell ya!

You won't remove rustproofing just with a pressure washer. It takes some strong degreasers and chemicals to do so.

I strongly suggest to go ahead and prevent dirt from sticking to the grease. Also take some time to wash the quarter panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back