New Supra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[AK]

So what's the deal on the next Supra? There must be a next generation! Oddly, though I haven't heard of any concepts or anything... And Nissan and Mazda already rolled out their new sports coupes... Anyone know anything about Toyota's plans?

From what I was told working at Toyota it should be around for the 2006 model year maybe a bit before looks like Toyota is keeping there design secret for a good while..

there were some designs out the drawing board last year...

they want to do a desing that will show us the spirit of the supra... so it will look somewhat like the toyota 2000gt 1967...

Coming out 2005, V10, 500hp at 7000rpms, 6-speed manual. Will be sold here as the Lexus GT 500, for about $100,000US.

Originally posted by IS300Turbo
Coming out 2005, V10, 500hp at 7000rpms, 6-speed manual. Will be sold here as the Lexus GT 500, for about $100,000US.

Who'd take a Toyota over an M5???

no price . have been release yet about the Supra and Spec about Hp either , we need to wait till 2004 and see what happen

I sure Supra won't come with 500hp , more around 300-400hp , supra don't need that much Hp , and he is already strong enought , even the old supra 95 , 400hp he do around 4sec+ a 100km , so what is the problem, no need to do 100km in 3sec =)

300hp will be the best for the price , i'm sure it will cost around 70k canadian
Toyota don't want to exclude his car from other Sport car , like the NSX that is too pricey , NSX type R , for same price must be good =P

300hp at 5sec a 100km i'm good for that ! =) if they can make this

the new supra from what i heard will have a lighter body "mean like 10-50kg less then the last generation"

and Almost all Lexus Car will be remake in 2005

let just wait and see in 2004 for more review what supra 2005+

These specs are true. Did you read the Business Week article about the facilty they built to design this car? They are using the new Supra to elevate Lexus into another league. The Supra was never a great selling car for Toyota, and Lexus currently has nothing performance oriented. So why not make a $100,000US exotic Lexus. If you notice, the top level Lexus has always been going up in price, I think the LS 430 loaded now comes close to $70,000US and the SC 430 which has a 6 month wait is $65,000.

Originally posted by 514-N-D-S
no price . have been release yet about the Supra and Spec about Hp either , we need to wait till 2004 and see what happen

I sure Supra won't come with 500hp , more around 300-400hp , supra don't need that much Hp , and he is already strong enought , even the old supra 95 , 400hp he do around 4sec+ a 100km , so what is the problem, no need to do 100km in 3sec =)

300hp will be the best for the price , i'm sure it will cost around 70k canadian
Toyota don't want to exclude his car from other Sport car , like the NSX that is too pricey , NSX type R , for same price must be good =P

300hp at 5sec a 100km i'm good for that ! =) if they can make this

the new supra from what i heard will have a lighter body "mean like 10-50kg less then the last generation"

and Almost all Lexus Car will be remake in 2005

let just wait and see in 2004 for more review what supra 2005+

v 10?

If they want to stay true to the 67 they should stick to inline 6's
I LOVE those engines. The smoothness, the sound :D

Nothing have been said by toyota about pricing , toyota of Japan didn't say anything supra price , so it's impossible

ALL i heard in the article is a Lexus gonna Cost 150k US , never heard of supra in there ... ?

that around 200k+canadian for a supra , no it's no supra there

it a super Car made for Lexus
maybe the same platforme as the supra 2005

just can't wait to see how good toyota is with there Pencil and 200k Budget for a car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back