sr20det

Status
Not open for further replies.
what car do you plan to put this into? if its a 240 we should talk because the sr20det is the more common swap in north america but there are other swaps which can produce equal or more amopunts of power at a lower cost.

spikey> question: is swaping the sentra v-spec
engine (vq25) INTO a 95' 240sx, possible
if so how kinds of adjustments should I expect???

More importantly how much would it cost
excluding the cost of motor and car of course.

Your expert opinion would be appreciated

i feel special now thanx for calling me an expert but im not one yet hehe still got alot to learn
as for your question
well considering the engine is front wheel drive how about you scrap that idea. i understand you want that engine but it would rob the 240 of its most beautfil aspect RWD! go with an SR swap or CA head on 2.0 block (if you need more info on the ca engine tell me) so basically the VQ25 swap into the 240 is too much trouble for nothing besides im sure that engine would cost you a bundle since its new.

The reason I wanted that engine because

1. its new
2. its more powerfull than the ka24
3. If i can get it from a scrap yard from
a smashed se-r (hey shit happens) it
won't that expensive.
4. I can modify the drivetrain to accomodate
rwd on this engine.

5. it's got more potential than the sr20 and
the ka24.

6. I've seen people put sr20det engines into
the new sentra. and that engine is in
the silvia/240 then logically one can
assume the vq25 engine will fit into a 240.

7. I love nissan!!!!!@

there are two types of sr20dets. the bluebird models which are fwd and are found in altimas. the sr20det came in different trims but the most recommended one is the redtop. you can get some for a good price. just the shipping will kill you. and sr20det not much potential? WOAH! your misinformed. go do some research im sure some articles of those 300WHP silvias with bpus will turn up

Last edited:
Dang, so much misinformation to clear out.

1st :
cars with SR20DET's
Japan/Europe/Australia ONLY

SR20DET AWD
Pulsar GTi-R
Sunny GTi-R
Primera
Bluebird

SR20DET RWD
Sylvia : 200SX/180SX (some had CA some SR)

No FWD SR20DET's have been made to date.
Its just that the AWD ones bolt up to north american FWD SR20DE trannies, thats why it works.

2nd :

Its Sentra Spec V!
V Spec is reserved for the GT-R only.
The engine is QR25DE, not VQ

3r :
And putting a FWD engine in a RWD is useless.
Oh there are probably ways to do it, but at triple or quadruple the cost of a normal swap. I dont think you have that money to throw around. :)

4th :

They are found in altima's, because Blubirds ARE altima's in Japan/europe/Australian markets. And shipping will not kill you, Montreal has more than HALF a dozen engine importers all currently carrying SR20DET's, some RWD some AWD. And most of them are getting another container from Japan within the month.

Also SR20DET's have been know to be putting 400whp without ANY changes to the internals. Its a bullet proof power plant, made to be boosted.

The QR25 is an open deck design. Great engine, nice torque, but not made for 20psi of boost without major work.

Last edited:
another awesome engine for the 240 is the ca18det (dohc). match that to the ca20ET(SOHC) block which can be mated to the ca18det head to make a ca20det. one annoying thing is you wont be revving too high because of the stroke. some people have put in VQ30dett (not sure thats the right engine code 300ZX TT) into S13's also rb20det's have been put in. but stick with the SR or CA if you wanna save a bit of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back