Status
Not open for further replies.

3doorCIVIC

i was lookin into buyin a 240 and i saw one that has super hicas system,

What is it, what does it do

is it on all 240's or what
??
:confused:

It's a system that come from the Skyline GTR ! On that car it was fine but has Sport Compact Car has said, it,s have some problem on the 240.

It's a kind of All Wheel Drive but not really at the same time ! Kind of bizzard ! :D !

You should go check the Sport Compact Car of this month they are talking a lot about the 240sx ! There is one place where they build a real bomb for a little bit than 3000$ us ! :D ! very nice car !

it is nothing like 4 wheel drive. in the simplest terms it is 4 wheel steering where your rear wheels will caster (steer). you gotta drive it first to see if you like it. ive seen one car though break the 2.0 lateral G with this car. in bad weather though it has been said to act all weird. the system is also sometimes unpredictable at when it hooks in unless youve driven it alot. to me hicas is garbage. if i were forced to buy a car with it i would get a kit to eliminate it.

The magazine i have sen but still have to buy it

And for the super hicas system, do all 240's come with it, and if so how much is this kit to get rid of it

Whats up Andrew?

Glad to hear you're looking at 240's.

Anyways, to answer your question, super hicas is basically four wheel steering. On 240SXs it was only available on s13s from 91-93 and only on fastbacks. It came as part of a handling package which included a limited slip differential (a very good thing!), and stiffer springs.

It was also available on some 300ZXs and Infiniti's J30Ts along with other cars I am sure.

Most 240sx owners would prefer not to have the super hicas because even though it will handle a little better at lower speeds, it can be very unpredictable when really pushing the car.
There are actually kits out there to dissable the super hicas system.

The other downside to super hicas is the added weight of the system.

Hope it helps,
Marshall

added weight? dont think 100 pounds is that much. it was available in 94 i believe. in japan the S14 also came with hicas.
as for removal kits till now i have only seen them in japan. i know stillen makes some for the 300ZX to eliminate the 4 wheel steering. as for the 240SX i dont know but i would wait for a non hicas equipped. thats what im doing.

i ahve msn btw
sspikey@hotmail.com

100ponds is enough bro, if u think about it its like having a small BT in the car with u all the time, extra weight for nothing

Andrew, My msn is MGJ_99@hotmail.com

Sspikey, I am sure that it wasn't available in convertibles since they are not hatchbacks and it was only available in hatchbacks.

Anyways, the only thing that would make me want to buy one with Hicas is for the VLSD.

All drifters will tell you that an LSD is the first thing you need to drift.

By the way Hicas stands for High Capacity actively controlled steering.

Marshall

100 pounds is something of course. but not enough to go through the trouble of removing your rear subframe and replacing it with a non hicas equipped car. your better off waiting for a non equipped one like me. too much trouble to go through to remove hicas.

By the way Andrew if you are interested, my car is always up for sale.

Its a 90 though but could probably beat most DOHC 240SXs.

Anyways, Its in amazing shape. If I were to sell it, it would be in the ball park of $6000 nego. dependeing on what I sell with it.
(Springs, mags, Cd player, etc.)

Let me know If you are intersted.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back