MAX Speakers anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassACE

Legacy Member
Does anyone know anything about this canadian grand? They are designed by the Canadian Loudspeaker Association or something... They seem to make some high quality stuff and I found out that they have distributors in Montreal and Laval.

The site is www.maxspeakers.com

I haven't heard them in a car setup

they have been around for a long time making subs for home theatre systems 8ohms and all that.

They started last year trying to promote the Car line of their subs.
Max Pentivent and Max Caliber ...the specs look good for the price ...i'd like to try them out ..instead of pyramid and us acoustics or any of these lower quality brands...

at least they are canadian so there is no import mark up...

ECLIPSE subs are canadian too....made in ontario...

I could tell you where to pick some max ...subs ...i'm curious if the setup will sound good ...

I was thinkin of picking up a few last year..

I know where to buy them... I just wanted to know if they are good quality. They supposedly handle 900watts RMS (wich is INSANE! and overkill) and look rugged... whats the price like?

Nice! 130$ for something that handles 900watts RMS is kinda hard to believe though... Im going to call the distributor and find out. I'll keep you posted

Hm... then i guess the ads in Performance Auto and Sound are misleading!

...yet another example of false advertising.

Oh no wait!

CA1275/8 :
12"
350W RMS
700WATT Peak
8W

If you run that at 2 ohms maybe theyre right :D

Originally posted by bassACE
Oh no wait!

CA1275/8 :
12"
350W RMS
700WATT Peak
8W

If you run that at 2 ohms maybe theyre right :D
???

You cant run an 8 ohm sub @ 2 ohms unless you connect it in parallel with 3 other (4 total in parallel would give you a 2 ohms load)... but power would still only be 4x325Wrms. Power ratings don't change in a sub, only in amplifiers.. and sometimes not even in some amplifiers!

I have already hears MAX CALIBER subs and they sound ****in good for the price. I don't know if they long tough long but they work very good. I know where your talking to buy them and be carefull for the warranty, they're stupid there...
The 12 is $130 and is you can have it in 4 ohm
Trust me these subs should be more known than they are, I have hears them in two different cars with two different amps and........................

max pentivent:bigup:

i have a 12" max pentivent in my car. its 550watt 275rms
4 ohm. running off a 540 watt 330rms amp. it sounds excellent for the price. i payed 82.99 plus tax for the sub. my friend has 2 in his car.. they are 12" and a little lower rms(an older model), i think 250rms.. they also sound great!

and finally my friend has a 150watt rms 8ohm sub in his room for his surround sound. again.. its great. in my experience this in an AWESOME sub. you can get them at addison. and at ddo electronics (across from guzzo on sources). there may be other places.. i just dont know...

hopefully ill be able to make it to the julep sometime so you can check it out for yourself

what do you mean by bottom out?

i dont usually turn it up very loud.. my amps level is around half
and all the bass on my stereo is set to almost the lowest because my car (being a 91 civic) vibrates a little much. and im too lazy to look for the vibrating parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back