Q? on wireing for gsr swap in 92 civic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mavric92si

i just got a 2000 gsr setup for my 92 civic and have some questions on wireing it up.the engine harness is complete and the harness to the computer plug is not cut,but the part under the dash is snipped,and i think for the lights.i was looking for an obd1 motor to use my same harness from my si,and run the knock sensor ect.but the 2000 gsr came along with only 37000km.
what's the easiest way to wire it up?who could help me out?the last two swaps i've done were obd1 to obd1 and obd2 to obd2 so i used the civic harness from in the car.
any diagrams would be a great help.or should i just go buy that trick book from snap-on?

Install the kit and use the civic harness.
There will be bit of harness work to do,
also , inside the car, plugs to change!
Then pick up the phone and dial
(514) 595-5394
ROB@ AUTO LAMINAR
THE KING OF CONVERSIONS!!!
$400.00 to do all your wiring!
Tow it in , and drive it home

thanks Rob,
when you say use the civic harness,do you mean the engine harness?or just the part that
goes through the firewall?i dont think that the plugs for the p72 computer are the same as
the 92-95 civic,and the engine harness is compete and hooked up?should i take that of and
use the civic haness?that doesn't make sence to me when i/you could just wire in the extra
wires from the gsr harness to the civic computer harness????and if i do that,i have to rewire
the computer plugs.none of those wires on the harness i have are cut.its all the wires that go
to ignition tac,etc.that i would have to wire into my gsr harness no?i'm in the slow prosses
of taking the d16z6 out on my free time,"like i said slow prosses"and gonna drop the gsr in.
any more help you could give me would be great,and i'll do what i can before i bring you the
car.
p.s the computer i got from you for a d16y8 swap works great!!!thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back