Building Fiberglass enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likly ask bassAce.... our resident fiberglass dude!

***** Subliminal Message for bassAce *****
Help 99AltimaGXE due some custom kickpanels for his 6.5" comps!!!!

***** End of Subliminal message *****

Hehehe! Yeah... SUUUUUUUUUUUURE! The guy that doesnt even have a car! That don't mean anything though! Ok.... well, all i gotta say is that its hard. It's hard in the sense that it takes time and skill. What i keep on saying is that those crazy custom fiberglass show sound systems that cost A LOT (and i mean a lot!) don't cost that much because of the materials used. The materials are very easy to find and very cheap. You gotta do your research and learn all your theory (thats what i'm presently doing). If you just want to make something that fits in the wheel well, it won't be that hard but if you want to make something really fancy it will require making molds and using different kinds of fibers to get that nice round shape.

To sum it up, if you are a do-it-yourselfer :)rolleyes: ) and have some time to spend (and some space to work of course) give it a try but inform yourself first.

thanx!

yes I the DIY type guy, but I like to do stuff right, I don't just try it and then see how it goes. Of course I inform myself first. I have read many many things on building these types of boxes, and come to find that building it myself would NOT be expensive at all. However, I was lloking for someone with some expertise to help me a bit.

I would appreciate if you could give me some links to helpfull info. Also any other relevant suff!

thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back