Status
Not open for further replies.
headers

bro how about some
toda, spoon, and mugen , they are all over 1000$ a piece

for the price apparently the dc 4-1 are good
the comptech are also a good pic but more expensive

Re: headers

A Comptech can make wonders on a b16a. Made out of stainless steel , it's slightly less expensive than a DC stainless header.

Comptech was born on the racetrack!

with a low budget the best header is the 4 into 1 dc sports headers the others products like a jdm type-r header are too much expensive I think for the resilts oyou will. I know one of my friends got a b16a in is crx. and He tried a type-r jdm header and finally he bought a dc sports header because It were less expensive and the result were not very different.

Ok,but a guy at a speed shop told me that with 4-1 headers ,I'll lose some torque in low-rpm. My B16 is stock for the internal, so, will they give me more Hp than the 4-2-1 in general ?

yeah you lose low torque but anyway the b16a is a hi rev engine that gain is maximum power at high rpm ranges so go with a header like a 4 into 1

I am running the DC 4-1 header on my 99 SiR. Love it. Yes, below 3000 rpm, you, lose a a bit of torque, but as was stated above, this engine makes no low end power anyways so you might as well work what you have: Top end!

MAtt

DC 4 to 1 and JDM Integra Type R 4 to 1 are exact copies so they do the same thing. If you get the 4 to 1, you will make more hp up top but will loose a bit on the bottom end but you will still make more than a 4 to 2 to 1.

I'd get the DC 4 to 1 for the best results or if you can find a JDM type R 4 to 1, there the same thing as in same specs.

WhiteZombie, I believe you are mistaken about the DC and JDM Type R. They are two totally different headers with different collector sizes (DC is 2.25 inch and JDM ITR is 2.5). I have spoken with many owners who have upgraded to the JDM ITR header from the DC on their USDM Type R, and they claim that their is a world of difference. I have to believe that is true especially since it came from several people.

Yes but DC came out with a new 4 to 1 header and the new one has a 2.5 inch collector and same size primaries as the JDM Integra Type R but you are right about the old DC 4 to 1 model, it was smaller.

DC Sport JDM Type-R header ceramic on sale for $479!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a couple left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back