NEEED talon expert help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSR

Legacy Member
i was driving my car and i shifted at 5000 rpm and all of a sudden i hear this loud rattling noise coming from my car, so i pull over and i open the hood up and i give the car some gas and then i hear this nosie coming from my head

if monictsi you read this i've meet you befor at psm a few times i have the es converted to a turbo can you shed some light on me plz psm is closed so i can't go see them

thnx

i was driving at normal speeds not racing nothing i don;t see how a rod could bend seeing how they are pretty sold rods used in the 4g63t

Eeek!

Hope it's some accessory or maybe the crank pulley that separated. I really don't see how it could be engine related, but freakier things happened in the DSMLand. It could be a spun bearing (though I highly doubt it) or something with a lifter/rocker.

In any case, I advise you to STOP driving the car and have it towed to PSM ASAP!

Last edited:
good luck
all i have to say that DSM's do the impossible.. i was told that my tranny shouldnt have seized after getting it rebuilt at 3700 km's... that it was IMPOSSIBLE
hah
dsm's are scary that way

personal experiance, its probably a lifter...

well the oil pan was taken off at psm and they found that 1 bearing on the crank was torn to peaces, and put metal peaces all in my motor

dsm are very werid machines

That infamous tick. I really hoped it wouldn't be a spun bearing, but well, it is... :(

Did you overboost or something?

no i was running stock boost i was still doing my 2500km breakin

pierre-luc and serge are trying to find out why it happened, but for now we think its was a defective bearing
they are going to tear it apart next week to see what else got damaged and to see what caused it to just break i'm just wish nothing else happen to the car i want to drive me car!!

correct me on the spelling of the names if their spelled wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back