4 channel amplifier! and Attn : Attgrills

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCivicSE

Legacy Member
I need a good 4 channel amplifier to drive my 4 infinity speakers. Anyone has suggestions? What should I buy?
What brands are really good, and models!
Thx a lot in advance!

By the way, Tyler, I'm the one who bought you the 4 10", and yur kenwood excelon amp, do you still have the excelon kac-x501t? I think this amp would be great to drive those speakers no?

I sell MTX and Coustic amp
A Coustic amp would be very good if it's for 4 speakers but if it is for four subs, you should go with MTX
e-mail me if you are interested
You have the warranty of 2 years (Coustic and 3 years with MTX)

well there are quite a few companies that make great 4 channels amps: Memphis, Alpine, JL, Precision Power (PPi), Orion, Pheonix Gold, MTX, etc.

just stay away from brands like Pyramid, Pyle, Sony (they suck for car audio)

Just go to Arizona Audio (the best) or JD's they know their stuff and carry reputable brands

a Coustic 4x 40 w RMS at 4ohm with 0.1% distortion at high level, I could sell it for 309.99 +tx or a 4x60w RMS for 409.99 + tx, I have the 4x60 and it's pretty crazy one my 6.5 Coustic

I have cerwin vega 3204 wich is 80x4rms in 4ohm or 160x4rms in 2ohms, it is still under warranty and I have the box and bill of the original purcahse price of $799.99 + tax, asking $450 neg.
gmosher@hotmail.com

all my items are new with a garantee of 1 year without installation and three years with instalation
Coustic have only two year with instalation

MTX 4x55rms : 359.99+tx
MTX 4x90rms : 499.99+tx
Coustic 4x60rms : 399.99+tx (my suggestion(2 year warranty))
Coustic 4x40rms : the price is upward

call me if you want 514-258-6852 after 6:00 pm

Well, thanx a lot guys! I'll see what is my budget, and I'll call you! After buying the 4 channel amplifier, what should I add?

You seem to have a complete system, probably you should had a crossover to have better sound quality, even a second battery or capacitors if you don't already have some.

supercar_alex
I think that you have only heard the shitty kind of MTX, those that they sell at 99.99 at future shop, you should hear my two 12's thunder 8000 400 RMS in my car, you would probably rethink about what you have just said, but think whatever you want. But I agree with you that kicker is pretty good but the price is there too.

yeah, I had 2 10" MTX, they were great. I never realised how good they were until they blew. (yes they blew, but they took alot of punishment, I'm surprised they lasted this long being under powered and all. I knew the amp was clipping, it was just undectectable to the ear, so finally they ended up biting the dust.) :( But now that i'm only running off my spare sub, a 10" Sony, I must have lost at least about 10+ dB, and the loss in dB did not do much do much for the SQ. All in all, my spare sub SUCKS (well what do you expect, it's sony, and my MTXs were great! :D

Anyways, pkelly, I'm looking for a high power 2 or 4 channel amp for my component. I've been looking at PPI, but I'm also looking for alternatives. it's just that whatever am I get for my comps, when I redo my system I'm going to be buying the same make of amp for my subs. The model I was looking at with PPI was the PCX-2125 and the PCX-4125. I only really need 2 channels, but four would be nice for if I ever finalize the system with a mid-woofer up front. I'm leaving my rears stock. The above mentioned amps put out 125W x 2 (and x 4) @ 4ohms. Do you have any suggestions on an amp of the same calibre? Price doesn't bother me much, cause this time around if worst comes to worst I save up, last time I went with budget in mind, and I hated it. This time I'm doing it right the first time! I' basically starting from scratch, cause I'm going to be selling everything as I buy the new stuff, only things staying are my HU and my EQ (not installed yet, since I don't have any front stage installed yet.)

Holy crap did I type alot, anyways I hope you can understand my rambling, it is early, and I can barely even understand myself.

why all people always think that good brands are ****in expensive for example good kickers that came make good jobs with 2 12'' are only 300$$$ if you dont think its real come see me and try it youll see the only make you will want is......KICKER!!!

99AltimaGXE:
Coustic 401se (on their site it's the 400se but that's the 2001 model but it has the same spec)
it pounds 2x100rms at 4ohm or 1x400rms at 4ohm
I have two of those in my car for my two 12's and it's crazy
I would suggest you the 481qe for the four channel (480qe on the site, www.coustic.com)
4x60rms at 4ohm (quite enough for little speakers in the front and back, or you can bridge it to produce 2x240rms at 4ohm
We tried that amp on my two 12's and it was puching them to a certain point but it was pounding quite enough with my ears but...
I wanted more so that's why I have the two 401se.

You can go in MTX, they're smaller, a bit more expensive and the distortion is a little bit more but... it's your choice
thunder6304: 4x90rms at 4ohm
thunder4244: 4x 55rms at 4ohm
thunder4202: 2x85rms at 4ohm (good small and good price)
............................... more and more but that's about it for what you are looking for
I can have more brands, about all brands that stereo plus has but I think that Coustic amps are greater than Alpine or Sony amps and Pioneer....

me too I wrote $%#$^ long but you will understand I think

yup understood, I'm going for a show look, so whatever amp I pick out for my front stage is going to have to be the same brand for my subs. Sometime after 'May' I'll be back into the scene, until then I goto save up for the long weekend around the 17 of May, cause I have plans to go away with my GF, but after that I'm goingback to audio! Once my audio is complete (kinda never will be, but I'll try my best), next comes the exterior and interior mods!

Oh, btwm thanks, I'll look into coustic equip, also, where is your store, maybe I'll pass by. PM me if you want.

Need advice! :

What do you guys think I should do?
I have, as I already said, 4 alpine 10’s, XR. They're drive by a Kenwood eXcelon kac-x401M. The bass is really good, but I wanted to know, am I better to add a second similar amp to put 2subs on each amp?Will I get a lot more bass? Or is it only a waste of money! Because excelon are quite expensive. And another thing, if I add another amp(for my subs), do I have to go with the same brand and model or it doesn’t make any differences?
Thanx!

I would really think you'd have to go with the same brand and model. And running an extra amp will sound better, and keep your amps cooler.

What do you guys think about my setup?
It's not too bad I think!!

I guess I'll try to find another KAC-X401M! Thanx a lot everyone, and if anyone got this kind of amp to sell, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back