For Sale: 1991 Galant VR-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieGTi

Legacy Member
White on black leather, 2.0L 16v turbocharged 4cyl(same engine as the GSX Ecplise's), All-wheel drive, All-wheel steering. Engine runs very well, no smoking. $3650obo(US$). New in the last 100 miles: timing belt, new valves, new valve stems seals, valves hand-lapped into head, new accessory belts, headgasket, valve cover gasket, spark plugs and a few minor things. All head work was done by Sanborn Machine Expert Engine Rebuilders in Washington. Car was tuned up at Exclusively Foreign in Montpelier upon completion. Turbo is stock and boosts very well. Spare Vr-4 parts included if you want them: C pillar windows, de-badged 6 bar grill, set of headlights and tail lights, trunk lid with spoiler, lower door plastics, heater controls, silver aluminum valve cover, spare doors(gold). There may be a few other small items included. 90,198 original miles. Has been off the road for the head job for 3 years- everything is ready to go except the brake rotors are a little rusty so it may be a good idea to replace those. E-brake cables are a tad loose but the brake still bites with 3 clicks to spare(maybe that's how Mitsu's are ) Transmission grinds slightly sometimes when engaging 1st and 2nd gear-changing to synthetic to try to get glaze off synchro's(fairly common for Mitsubishi's)- other possibility is weak clutch slave or master cylinder but is believed to be the transmission fluid. All gears are present and accounted for. Two sets of wheels- stock white Vr-4 wheels and a set of black steelies. Winter and summer tires, both sets with decent tread. For those that don't know the historty of the Galant Vr-4's, there were only a very limited number for the US- I believe there were only 1500 in 1991. The cars had individual dash plaques to indicate what # they were and this car had it's plaque stolen. People interested are welcome to come look at the car and drive it(no registration or insurance- but I do have a 1/4 mile driveway and live on a back road). I have a garage and capabilities to give full once over to the underside and motor on site. This car belongs to my younger brother who is selling to fund another hobby. Email with questions or to schedule a showing. I'll have pictures up this weekend or early next week. Vehicle is located in Vermont(USA) about 1.5 hours outside of Montreal. I am not sure the details of selling to a Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back