Getting a chain'like sound when i push the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkawim

Legacy Member
Hey guyz...I have a 1991 240Sx and for the past 3 days...when i push the car (Say over 5000rpms) i get a sort of chain sound comming form the engine...

When i purchased the car, i was told that it was perfect except for the fact that the timing chain was a little loose...

Could that be the sound that im hearing...
Is it dangerous...
How much to get it chnaged...

Thx...

Don't change it...it's like 1200$ to get it done...and it won't fail!

It might just be your upper timing chain guide that is falling apart, Nissan was not re-installing them when they would change the timing chain, cause it create more problem than it help.

WHAT!!!

Replacing the timimng chain would cost over 1000$

What the hell...i was told it would be more like 200$

Plz tell me im dreaming...or having a nightmare actualy...i should just let it make that sound everytime i wanna puch my car&

plz help me

I had a similar sound on my car and it turned out (after replacing MANY other parts) to be a failed motor mount. At certain RPM's the mount would vibrate and make that sound

If the guy who sold u the car said the chain was lose, it might be the source of the noise. The best thing to do is have it checked out by a mechanic. It will cost you much more than $200 to change, even a timing 'belt' cost more than that and it's a piece of cake compared to replacing the chain on a ka24.

Tony - Advance EFI
450-674-5750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back