Chassis crossbars for a Civic!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev95lx

Legacy Member
Do they make such things for a 5th gen (95) Civic Sedan (LX)?

My friend with Contour SVT is ordering some chassis crossbars (that's what I call them..) for his car. I'd like to know if they make some for a Civic?

Incase you don't know, they go under the chassis of the car to make the frame more rigid.

yup, I have the front/rear lower tie bars..I also have a bar welded to the front toe hooks

cross member brace by bennen?
xmember.gif

strong bar that goes in the trunk, remember that pic of the green civic that i posted awhile ago kev? Its that bar...
strongbar.gif

if its what your looking for then go to www.bennen.com they have a lot of s*** for your car!

but why getting the front stiffer? dont you like it when you oversteer instaed of understeer? Guess its a personal choice...

I like my car loose up front and a stiff rear end.

The front upper stress bar will not induce oversteer.understeer. What it does is bridge together a unibody chasis so there is less flex and twist. This is good when you have a good suspension and sticky tires. The suspension works on a vertical plain, not a horizontal one. The less twisting, the better it works. It just ties together the fron end. The lower front stress bar does the same for the suspension tables under the car. Less flex and twist, better handling.
A sway bar is probably what XXplosife was referring to. he is correct to say that a larger (stiffer) fron sway bar will induce more understeer. A larger rear will keep the car flatter while cornering and will allow for a more neutral handling. With a rear swaybar you can actually get the back end out to tighten your line through a corner. I like a big rear swaybar and a stock front one (on a Honda).
Neuspeed front stressbar: $154
Neuspeed front lower:( billet aluminium) $248
Neuspeed 19mm rear swaybar:$320
Neuspeed upper rear stressbar (in trunk):$270

ALL PARTS WILL BE ON SALE SHORTLY SO GIVE US A CALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back