Warped Braked Rotors, worth the money/under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PimpPope

Hey guys!

So I brought my car in to the garage today because everytime I would brake a little harder then usual, especially at highway speeds, my steering wheel started shaking. They called me and told me that, as i assumed, the brake rotors are warped. They also said that the rotors started to rust, and it was eating away at my brake pads, so they advise for changing both front rotors and brake pads for 538$. It seems way overpriced (which i guess it's a dealer so...). Also, the car was bought a year ago, brand new. Is it normal that after 1 year the rotors warp and rust (especially rust...the longest it's stayed without being driven was a week ago, when i was gone for 2 weeks). And if it's not normal, can i claim it under warranty? I also have the extended warranty and they said they cover the brake system for 3 year or wtv k's, but only if its a manufacture's defect. :cry:

Thanks for whatever info you guys can give me! If i cant get it under warranty, ill most likely get it done at a garage, not at the dealership

Anyone know a good Nissan garagist?

538$ ...ils sont fous. Tu peux t'acheter du bon aftermarket a ce prix la. Si tu recherche kelke chose de simple pour tous les jours, pm moi. un rotor c gros max 70$ pour du american blanks sinon 30-40$ pour du chinois (mais ca dure genre 1 ans). brake pad americain c genre 60-80$ pour les 2 cotes avant, pads chinois ..on oublie ca tout de suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back