V8 newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim E36

Legacy Member
Hello V8 experts,

I'm not too familiar with american V8. I was wondering how hard and how expensive it is to work on those engines?

I guess parts are somewhat easier to find than euro parts and probably cheaper since they come from our american neighbors.

I have a old-school Datsun project (no its not a Z) in which I don't know yet what to put. V8 or japanese v6?

Tell me.

Yeah, they're a lot simpler and more fun to work with than Japanese V6's...302s and 350s tend to have excellent bang for the buck, you can make a monster for $5000.

Yeah, lots of people end up putting chevy 350s on those... and everything else, Id like to mention! :D

Actually the Chevy 350 swap is common on Z cars (240Z, 260Z, 280ZX...).

But I've seen only one V8 swap in a 510.

One more question: Where can I find a good 350?

Actually I also have a second question: what kind of transmission do you put on these?

How much does it cost?

a good 350?
2 places!
1) you go Crate
2) Junk yard, and you build it up yourself.

Tranny:
Anything really, manuals, I would go with a t56. But if your going for auto, TH700-R4 is awesome.

As for the price, I really couldnt tell you, Ive alwayz been too affraid to look.

my bad, I didn't realize you were talking about Datsun's. I've seen some sweet rotary conversions in Datsun's. Must be expensive though.:dunno:

Just keep the 1600cc and tweak it to the max!

But big webers and a cam and free flow exhaust, you 'll have more value in your car, and a kick to drive with a bullet proof engine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back