1992 240SX Coupe SE BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifterTim

Hello fellow MontrealRacing Peeps,

Many of you know me or will know me soon or maybe one day or never lol. It has been over four years since I started to build my Ex.Automatic 240SX Coupe SE with HUD. Its a States side 240 because of rust ( Cancer ) issues so I wanted to start with a clean base. Well I was an idiot and drove it in the winter for a month and it was over. Rust started all over but im taking care of it all now, its not too bad.

I did a blacktop S13 SR20det swap the 1st year after selling my Type R swapped CRX to pay for my motor and swap with fleabay goodies like the FMIC, Walbro 255lph FP, gay ass gauges etc... My KA24de blew up after paying for my SR20det which is quite odd since not too many guys in Canadia think a KA can blow up.

Corey Hearts brother ( Sexy Scrap Man or the KA24de Undertaker ) came and towed my dead KA away sold to him for 10 dollars which pays for a pack of smokes here nowadays.

Once we got my SR running the wastegate was not connected and I was running on FULL boost and didnt know. I said to myself forget big turbo, this shit is fast enough. But after a day of troubleshooting we found where all of the vacuum hoses connect to and a significant power loss came with it lol but at least I didnt blow the motor.

Time came for new turbo gaskets and a new clutch after 4 days of driving because of inexperience and my mechanic ( Country ) who is now working for AUTOWORX Canada and is a GTR GOD who hates RB26detts as much as I hate the PT Cruiser.

The 240 got impounded 4 times for drifting in parking lots with a suspended license as a result 30 days each shot and a cost of over 800 bucks in impound fees and a grand in tickets because I had not done the provincial inspection and was driving my 240 with my old CRX plates HAHAHA YA I know I payed for my Uber stupidity 4 times. Finally I got the car inspected, did 400 hours of community service to pay for some of the tickets at a Jewish community center lifting and loading old crappy furniture and unloading it at the end of the day in a huge warehouse that was then sold or donated to more Jewish families :D. other cultures should learn to help each-other out like the Jewish.

I decided to paint my champagne colored 240 and do a front end conversion from an S15 silvia ( Strawberry Face ) Which in my honest opinion was even dumber than driving with a suspended license. I got the BOMEX S15 front bumper with some fiberglass conversion fenders, a brand new set of Silvia S15 lights which cost way too much and a brand spanking new OEM looking carbon fiber hood. Went to a really good body shop AUTOMOTION in Montreal and they did the conversion for me. When it was done my 240 looked like ASS. the Coupe looks like ASS when it doesnt have a wide body and just a S15 front. The front is too round and the back is TOO Square. I hate the feel of fiberglass wabbling and gaps you can fit medical text books in between. I had it on for 2 days and off it came. My front core support was cut into, the guys sprayed black ( TREMCLAD ) All over my engine bay. I was furious.

So my car sat in a garage for two years while I got more n more new parts gathered for it.

I finally got a JDM S13 Silvia - Tripple Projector Headlights - Kouki Silvia K's Aero bumper metal hood and fenders without a single scratch and a new nose cut included a Radiator for an SR with shroud and fan with a new RAD CORE SUPPORT.

While it was in storage I upgraded the suspension from front to back, got some beefy wheels ADVAN RA3DT 17X9.5. Anyways I'll cut to the Chase now.

i'm in the process of restoring the engine bay, It is Gutted and interior is also gutted ready for paint and all new BLACK Interior with a HUD Dash in black :D.

This is the List of Mods I have done. There is a lot more going into it soon.

I'm shaving the engine bay and doing my own version of a wire tuck. No wires in the engine bay :D. All the wires and fuse boxes have already been relocated inside the car under the passenger glove box area. Many wires are still to be extended like headlights, horn etc...

1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe SE Shell (Original US car, has very very little rust in the engine bay by the battery tray (Removed) It has an electric Sunroof (No Front End on it right now )
-Never accidented
-All The parts were just insalled
-Tein Tie Rods (VERY GOOD QUALITY ) Brand NEW
-2nd Owner
-Spare interior and parts will be included
-Car is currently gutted so you can see how clean the floor is
-I'm not trying to cover anything up
(Primered by AUTOMOTION, Redy for Paint)
-Registered Quebec Car (Inspected)
-145K on the body
-Never seen Track or Drifted
-Was Automatic, now converted to 5-SPD
- 5 Bolt Conversion
- GTR Brakes (Project Mu Rotors) -Good Pads + Extended studs (Steel Braded lines)
-Full MEgan Multilink Kit (New Generation)
-Bings RUCA (New Generation)
-JDM VLSD and 5 bolt shafts are almost NEW
- Rear Brakes are all new Original calipers n new Brembo rotors n pads
-Steal braded lines
-9000 RPM JDM Cluster HUD (UBER RARE )
-Tein HA Rear adjustable Coilovers
-Cusco Front Coilovers
-Rare MINES S13 Front Strut Bar
-Rear Megan Strut Bar
-Walbro Fuel Pump
-Battery Relocation kit
-KA A/C Retrofited with all the lines -Priceless in the heat

Many Many New parts I'm forgetting, a lot of nuts n bolts on this car are all new, bushings n things as well, I'm forgetting a bunch things.

Engine :

Black Top S13 SR20DET
This is genuinly one of the cleanest SR black tops you will find. Its running in Mint condition. This motor has always been babied.
-Clutch is a Exedy Stage 1 less than 100kms on it.
-Stock manifold will be included, no turbo.
-Always Mobile 1 5-50
-Tranny has Zero ginds and its like day one.
-Stock Computer and Wiring included ( DONE BY ROBIN ALMASI) @ SYNOPTIC Tuning

Turbo setup :
GT28RS Turbo VERY Clean (less than 4,000 Kilometers no shaft play)
DC Sports Manifold (True equal length)(Reinforced by HAIG K @ Autoworx )
Taka Turbo lined with oil restrictor
New gaskets too

- BLITZ URAZ CHASIS DYNAMO
BNIB VERY RARE LIMITED EDITION WHITE

-JDM OMORI Oil Filter Relocation Kit

- JDM 2 X 180SX Type X Uber Rare Side Skirts

- 2 X VERSION SELECT Type III Side Skirts still in wraper Brand New I dont know if I want to use these

- 2 x JDM GANADOR Mirrors Mint condition

- 2 X HKS Filters You all know how much these go for one is new one is almost new

- 5 X Infinity G35 Wheels
-Personal Steering Wheel + hub

- COMPLETE JDM Climate Control With all plugs and Sensors

-Greddy E-Manage Blue Tuned for the parts listed

-Megan Downpipe With Flex (O2 Bung welded in)

-SARD TCV ( BNIB )

-S14 Power Steering Reservoir

- JDM DART IZZUMI Polished Twin Exit (ULTRA RARE EXHAUST)

-Nismo 740cc injectors already in SR Fuel rail

S13 SR Ignitor

KOYO ALuminum RAD + 2 X Flexilite Fans
S13 KA-SR-CA-RB

-300ZX MAF with pigtail and HKS Filter

- ARC Intake Chamber

- Greddy VSPL FMIC with piping and Greddy RS BOV

-Greddy Profeb B Spec II Brand New

-Full Black Interior With HUD Dash and Regular Dash

- 5 X Defi BF Amber gages + Link Unit with wires n Nissan sensors
-2X Water Temp
-Oil Temo
-Oil Press
-Boost

- 17 x 9.5 ADVAN RA3DTs
Black with red stripe
2 Brand New Vredestein Ultrac tires (Guigiaro design)
4 micheline pilot sports

my240hauling.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

my240hood.jpg

IMG_673.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

After getting rid of that nasty S15 conversion :

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_8834.jpg

What im doing now is Sanding the engine bay and I cut out the rusto old battery tray. i'll be turning the Greddy intercooler up side down and running the pipes through the core support, for quicker spool on the disco potato and better response with less laaaaaag and ugly piping :D

SSPX0022.jpg

SSPX0024.jpg

SSPX0032.jpg

SSPX0033.jpg

I will update with more pictures I promise but the GF is home now so youguys will have to wait for updates :D.

Last edited:
i remember when u got offended when we told u the s15 would look like ass on a coupe lol

stop grinding surface rust and finish your build! *tu*

wowww tim i rememebr those forst pics when you put them on mr like 3 years back and ppl were blasting you( including me) cuz you wanted to see the coupe for like 8 g's

haha...its commign along nice man :bigup:

After reading this thread, I have determined coupes and Silvias and S chassis' in general look like turds with spoilers...

Thank you for the wonderful n silly things yall wrote. The Sexy Scrapman is Corey Hearts bro the singer. Anyways been trying to progress a bit but things seem to be pointed towards bleak ends. Anyways not to try to be too depressing but I found out my ECU is missing and the left headlight is missing. I'm not sure why there is only one missing and the ECU wouldnt be good for anyone unless they run a Blacktop SR20. SO I need a new headlight or I think ill go with brocks since a buddy of mine has some for sale. He welded up my car today and made it MINT. HE works at Autoworx and is a really awesome guy with a 2.4 Stroker SR20 GT30 240Coupe/Silvia soon to be R34 front end conversion with Wide Body etc...

Anyways today the welding got started and its starting to feel a lot better :D.

Here are the pics :

SSPX0038.jpg

SSPX0046.jpg

SSPX0044.jpg

SSPX0049.jpg

SSPX0050.jpg

SSPX0051.jpg

SSPX0054.jpg

SSPX0056.jpg

SSPX0058.jpg

There will be more pics, the car is at a new location now much cleaner :D

ok here are sum updates :D, Preliminary engine bay shave/ tuck... i'll let the pics do the talking. Any suggestions or ghey comments are welcome.

SSPX0088.jpg

SSPX0093.jpg

SSPX0112.jpg

SSPX0142.jpg

SSPX0143.jpg

SSPX0148.jpg

SSPX0149.jpg

SSPX0144.jpg

SSPX0145.jpg

SSPX0150.jpg

SSPX0146.jpg

SSPX0147.jpg

If there is a way to get sponsorship or help from any of you on MR I would really appreciate it. I cant wait for summer to be looking for scrap tires after I burn through mine in the first night :D.

Last edited:
Nice build!
I'm jelous of your lack of holes in your shock towers...

I'm sure you know already, but make sure you use a good flat block to sand down the roof/body.

Oh ya, is that pimp Cadillac Escalade in the pics for sale? I could pick up a lot of Verdun hoe's with that sh*t!

it sure is mr. boxy head

i still find it hilarious how at first you 2 were e-beefing... then jon went and picked up tim for the first kk meet lol... good times.

anyways keep it up tim. nice wheels. oh, and the hummer has some pretty sick wheels too

Thanks guys, It really helps to know yall care. I'm stuck on my wire tuck ( Besides having to extend MAF, CAS, Injector wires, Horn, Head lights, flashers, some other shit. I believe I should be able to get rid of a lot of wires like my pop up lights cold fuse box, some automatic seat belts/auto transmission wiring and I kept all my A/C components but im not sure if I'll ever put it back. Also debating on removing the heater core or not ( For those days with a bit of dew . The engine bay will be shaved and the color choices at this point are Porsche Seal Grey and Candy apple red. Lets see where this baby goes before summah. Any of you wanna help me delve into this beast for some money and beers/food :D. I also got the Power FC as well as the Commander plus FC-Datalogit with software. Spoke to SteveShadows from California from Zilvia/Freshalloy and he will send me some sweet base maps for my set-up then off to Robin to Dyno. I cant wait because I think the suspension is up to par with the boost I'm shooting at.

Haha is this car ever going to run?

Let me know if you wanna play around with your wires some weekend.

Long time no see.

-Patrick

This might sound stupid, but why are the plants green and why is there no snow? lol did you move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back