Good place for a swap in a 190e 16v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labatt50

I'm looking for a place to swap an engine in a 190e 16v, preferably on north shore of mtl...

unfortunatly the engine has 200psi in 3 cylinder and 75psi in the last one...
so a rebuild for a cosworth engine is way too expensive...

Any place you would recommande for a swap? and what swap you would recommand? (2.3 8v? 2.6 i6, 3.0 i6?)

thanks for the answer

Well for your question i dont know but for you 2.3 16v if your not keeping the engine i would buy it off you. and for an engine, 2.6 are good and not expansive to fix.

forgot th say: it's an euro spec engine
so more power than the regular 2.3-16v we had here

i would buy the car, i mean it's running but lacking of power due the faulty cylinder.
when we added oil (small cap) into the faulty cylinder it raised to 100psi so we know it's the ring and not the head/valve

if you want to buy the engine... maybe i can give you the phone number of the guys who sells it.

I'd really like to buy the car but damn... swapping a new engine (just finding a 16v is hard...) kill the deal...

i need a rear end... is that car in REALLY good condition?? might be cheap if engine is bad.

seriously, i bet it's just a burned exhaust valve.... on the 3 engines i opened, the pistons/rings all looked perfect even at 250 000km. and 2 of them had burned valves and the other one just had valve work so i cant say what was the condition before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back