ATT: LaminaR X

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICHIE

Legacy Member
You said you were installing a 94 Gsr into a 89 civic,
how much for install if i have my own parts.
I am on the edge of doing it myself or getting someoneelse
to do it. droping it in is not hard it is the wiring that worries me..also do you have a swap list of what i need to install
into a 90 cr-x si. i know that i need 90-93 integ
axles,90-93 integ throttle cable,after that i am lost?????????????any help would be great..shifter linkage
lengthened.ANY HELP??

Install is $1200.00
There is lots to do, make motor supports
lower motor , custom shift rods, wiring,
Call me (514) 595-5394

Hey Rob, how much to drop a Integra RS motor into a 92 civic HB, I have everything from wire to shifter link to axles.
Just installation?

thanks

Well I have the complete wire harness from the integra car with the OBD 2 ecu, but I was told , I can exchange that ecu for the OBD 1,, and I will use my SI harness not the RS one right?

thanks
Tyler

Right but if you run OBD1 you will also need the OBD1 distributor and the injectors, they don't have the same plugs as the OBD2 version. Yes you can use your SI harness, it's exactly the same harness if your going to run OBD1

Hugo,, so I have to change all that @#%$ to ODB1????

is there anyway I can stay OBD2
I have the complete wire harness from the car!!!

Yes you can stay OBD2 but your going to have to splice all the wires to the plugs you'll need from under the dash to do it but it's possible. I never do the wiring on my car because I hate it, I only do my stereo and even that I can't stand but I know a guy that can plug it up for you even Tony can do it or the guy from Laminar also. I say stick with OBD2 or just try to find a distributor and injectors from a OBD1. Let me know what you decide I think I could help you find everything you need at work.

Ya i think OBD1 will be the best for my wallet... How much are the injectors and distributors.. can we trade.. Mine are from a 99 integra with 40 000Km....

hey do you still want the seats?
thanks

Yes I still want the seats. I don't think my boss will want to trade OBD2 crap for OBD1 crap but I'll ask. I'm pretty sure it will cost you some $ though

You dont have to exchange your parts.
I can install your kit with the original
harness. Some new conectors in the
car at the computer!
Call me , too complicated to explain.
ROB@ AUTO LAMINAR
(514) 595-5394

Laminar, can you just confirm to me that if you want to swap your engine from OBDII to OBDI, you need the harness, ecu, distributer and injectors because the plugs aren't the same?
Thanks

The OBD 2 motor must follow the OBD 2 computer.
OBD 2 has crank sensor on the oil pump and must
be hooked up to the computer.
What I was talking about was; you can interchange
OBD distributors and injectors , the plugs are different
but they have the same number of wires.
Example; you Install OBD 2 computer in your car, along
with the proper plugs(3 hour job). Then put in the OBD 2
motor kit . Now you can connect your plugs. You will have
to add a second O2 sensor, and will probably have a code
for fuel pressure , since the car is not equiped with the
fuel pressure sensor.
If you use OBD1 computer you can leave the sensor on the
crank unplugged.
BEST BET...........Use OBD 2 motor kit , complete with
OBD 2 motor harness.
Then use OBD 1 computer!!!(P-75)

Thanks. I knew about all that sh*t but I wasn't sure that if you had a OBDII engine and wanted to run it it with a OBDI computer, if you had to change the dist and the injectors but now I know thanks. I would personnaly just run what the motor was designed to run with, less problems but apparently the OBDI ecu makes more power when you had after market parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back