sous virage teg 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Botche

j'ai une integra 92, chaussée sur du parada205/40zr17, Sprint springs 2"1/2 drop avec du monroe sensa trac. lorsque je l'essaye cochon dans les courbes, les roues d'en avant glisse vers l'extérieur du virage (sousvirage), qu'est-ce qu'il faut que je change:p neu, shocks, springs??Je suis tenté par une susp. ajustable.

Pourtant, mes pneus sont flanbanc neufs. Si je veux changer ma suspension, qu'est-ce que tu me conseilles(dans l'ajustable)

C'est pas ta suspension qui fait sa c'est le reste. Tu as trop de poids a l'avant. Moi je te suggere de changer tes barres stabilisatrisse, je pense que sa pourrait t'aider.

Parada's are not a very sticky tire at all. I am not surprised that you are not happy with the performance. If would like to have a bit less under-steer, think about installing a rear sway bar. If you have one already, Neuspeed makes a much larger one that will help out a great deal. I had this on my civic and loved it.

Je n'ai pas de barres en avant ni en arrière, qu'est-ce que vous me conseillez, et quel prix pour de la bonne qualité genre neuspeed?

understeer...

before buying anything you need to make a complete assesment of your set up and your needs, or will buy parts that parts seller are recomending. you can read on below a response I made on another topic in general. and after that you can pass by so that we can asses your set up and the direction you want to take:

completely the contrary...

understeer...the car steer LESS then your steering input

oversteer...the car steer MORE than you steering input

steer=the natural wilingness of the car to turn

a well set up car is made to react the way a driver wants it to.

a good driver adapts his driving style to the set up of the car.

between the 2 is where you find the truth. A perfectly balance car DOESN'T EXIST! You are lucke when you get a car that is balance perfect for ONE lap in a 60 lap race. Tires go awayand come back, sometimes weaker or shot, balance of the car is affected by fuel quantity on board, brakes tend to go, drivers tend to fatigue, and theres other cars out there making your life rough!

so now, back to the ways of eliminating/limiting understeer:

front:
no swaybar
softer springs
lower tire pressure
toe out
bigger contact patch tire
negative camber

rear :
big sway bar
harder springs
higher tire pressure
toe out
less negative camber
less contact patch tire

keep it coming guys

Re: understeer...

Thanks rainman for the professional answer and not a salesman answer!!!!!!!!
We should have a man like you as a tech guy instead of some shoe salesmen!!!!!

I don't agree that a driver should adapt to how the car is set up. I do understand that conditions change and then a driver must adapt, but in normal street driving this might not be a big issue. A well set up car can be a great deal of fun.
I know when I raced Solo I and II I liked to be able to steer with the throttle as well as the steering wheel. On slow courses in SoloII I used to disconnect the front sway bar altogether use a lerge rear sway bar. Just the way i like it.

TK, about the salesman pitch, I think you should check your old posts and see how many times you have mentioned to come by the shop and get a head done. Not trying to flame, but don't flame me either please.
Thanks.

Humm.. no front sway bar??? we have at the shop (Arizona) a crx set up for track racing.. the suspension set up ALWAYS involves a front sway bar! ( and this crx finish in the top 5 for the season) the rear sway bar should (idealy) be adjustable if your serious about track racing.. diff levels of rear stiffness for diff tracks, however I do honestly delieve that the front sway bar should always be connected..

Oh, I don't recomend running without it in the street! The track in question had a top and bottom half. The top half (morning runs) were very tight and favored low HP cars that handle well. My Civic would tend to push alot in corner entrance and run wide. By disconecting the front, I would get more roll and turn-in and also due to the wide rear sway bar, I could trail brake into the corner, geting the ass loose and pointing it in a straight line sooner. Alot of guys do this for Autocross. When i lapped at St-Eustache, Tremblant or Sanair, the front was connected. I don't mind hangin' it all out in a parking lot at 60km/h but turn 1 at Tremblant is not the place for me to get into a full countersteer slide. Maybe Steph can pull it off but not me!

Grassroots Motorsport has all kinds of great tech tidbits for the beginner racer, and the experienced veteran as well. It's hard to find though.

Chris.. interesting.. I think theres other way to induce oversteer with out taking away from the front... but to each their own.. what ever gives the best time is what counts right?

There are other ways...but not at the track betwen runs with no spare parts and only hand tools!!! ya gotta do what cha can with what cha got!

RMR said: :"I don't agree that a driver should adapt to how the car is set up. "

what I said Chris is that a good driver adapt, not that every driver should, thats why there's good drivers an lesser driver. Set up are always a compromise, thats it thats all!... every thing changes, wether in the street or on the track, anybody that disagree is either a fool or a selfbelieved man, either their opinion would weight even less then their poor knowledge. I'm willing to spend ours explaining to a customer/driver/friend the many angles about handling and set up, but I'm starting to be fed up re-explaining after other experts!!

for people who wnats more infos, not a sales pitch, come and see me directly, we will take the time and you will take your own decision after.

Thats all folks!

IF TOM SAYS THAT YOU'RE GOOD RAINMAN THEN THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

If you have an Integra, you already have a factory installed front and rear sway bar but it's not big enough. That's your problem and like rainman said, Paradas suck.

Si j'ai bien compris, il me faut une bonne sway bar en arrière et de meilleurs pneu, true? Après, je vais voir si le changement me convient avant de modifier d'autres choses. il ne faut pas oublier que je ne course pas sur la track, je m'amuse dans la rue et j'aime avoir un char stable dans les courbes. J,aimerais quand même savoir le prix de bonne sway bars pour en arrière et en avant

thanks

*If you can't beat them, join them*

C'est ca! Mais it faudrait aussi verifier ton alignment pour voir si tout est bien ajuster. Ca peut etre si simple que ca!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back