good buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goshko

Hi guys, I am going to see a 1996 240sx this weekend. Now I don't know what the car looks like yet but according to description it sounds pretty clean. No rust, 126000kms imported from states... He's asking 5500$. Only problem is that it's automatic. Now if I buy it I am obviously planning to make it standard. Do you guys think it would be a good buy if let's say I make the price jump down to around 5000$ ? And no I wont swap it myself ... So I would think maybe 1000$ for the swap ? Maybe a bit less ?

at this point, change the whole engine.... it will cost less.

for the swap of auto to standard. try to find pieces at scrapyard. (pedals, shifter, linkit, ect) it will cost less!

at this point, change the whole engine.... it will cost less.

for the swap of auto to standard. try to find pieces at scrapyard. (pedals, shifter, linkit, ect) it will cost less!

I am not planning to sr20 it ... I want to keep it KA ... You think I should try and find a standard KA and just replace it completly ?

go at the scrapyard then...

but its a very hard job to do, you need also the computer of the car, linkage, pedals..

try to find all this in one scrapyard? good luck.

yeah well I will contact autoworx next week ... see what they have to say.

go at the scrapyard then...

but its a very hard job to do, you need also the computer of the car, linkage, pedals..

try to find all this in one scrapyard? good luck.

Althought KA's go for really cheap ... jesus it would prolly cost way less if I just swapped the auto engine for a standard engine alltogether...

the problem is not the swap.

first, find the interior pieces.

and for the tranny i think its the same on the s13 240sx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back