h22a

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrooklynZoo

hey guys,
this summer i bought a honda civic coupe 95 (vga) (it cost me like nothin to repair it . it s very good way for saving your money to put it else where )Figure this. the car cost me 3000 bucks with taxes + all the missing pieces. at the end the car cost me 4200 !!!!!! i just finished to repair it . i was thinkin about putting a new engin.
my friend told me that if i go with the 'lude engine my car ll only be fast in straight line. so he told me to go with b18c.

i m very confuse. with which should i go ?
thanks

Exactly! the h22 will make your car really fast and KILLER if you turbo it but only in strait line (low 12'). You will understeer on curves but if you buy a MOJOR suspension for this, you can have a better handling. If you want to turbo, go with the b18c1(gsr) and turbo it. You will be in the mid to hight 12 with your internals done( bottom end) at around 14 psi... witch is as fast as a Viper.!!!..You will also have good handling in curves with a good suspension set-up. If you want to go all motor, be more reliable, not as fast as turboed but still quick, go with the b18c5(itr). Good handling, GREAT engine, rev at 8500 rpm, and the engine sound is awsome!!! You can also go with the b20 but I don't know @#%$ about this engine exept it has 200hp!! It up to you but the more important thing is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you are willing to spend in a car....For price info call RMR, Japan motor import, trac racing,osaka,...
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

thanks. I think i ll stick with the 'lude engin idea. i ll get a hell of torque + big horsepower. Why ask for more. But i doubt to be in low 12's as you said. but low 13's for sure. As for the understreering problem, i think i can get that solved with a good suspension setup. Do you have any idea what would be the price for the engin. i can get it install by myself . And for the itr, i ll think about it . 168 hp at the wheels ain t enough.

lol

You wont get anymore hp from the H22 than the type R engine and the H22 weighs much more so I would go for the Type R but to much $$$. I suggest you go for a Vtec head (any head you can find as long as it's twin cam vtec) and buy a nice 99 or 2000 CRV block. Have a guy that knows what he's doing put the VTEC head on the CRV block and you'll get more hp than a Type R and it will be cheaper and you'll have as much (or very close to) torque as a H22 with less weight in the front of the car wich will make a faster car, trust me I've seen a couple run already and there way faster than a H22 swap.

TEAM REDLINE who has the H22A in his coupe runs 13.7 all motor. That is very good. I've seen H22A civics run low 14s as well.

so you guys think i should go for itr ? i didn t know that the h22a procuced the same power as a type R. intresting. how much will it cost if i do the swap myself ?

Re: .

the most important thing about the H22a is getting it mounted as straight as possible for the axels if not they will knock when you turn and forget about 168whp if they are the slightest bit crooked!! trust me I went through this dilema with a friends car 92-95 model.

Go for the 'lude. At the price they are going for it's a joke. The handling thing is a myth. A decent suspension will cure most of it. Everyone I have spoken to who has a H22a loves it. One word of advice, do not get the ATTS tranny. It is very difficult to install properly. And get a mount kit, life will be alot simpler. www.hasport.com

Berpa inc.
c'est un encan pour vehicule accidenté et volé - retrouvé.
Tu dois etre membre.
beaucoup de b0n deal !

H22a is the best swap a never seen. I have that on My civic 95 coupe. Handlin you just need good suspension and alote of bar to controle the car. that it this swap his way much better than a type R and other swap. But il cost alote more i paid 2500$ only for installation very expensive but worth it!!!!!!

Wrong. A type R swap is alot more expensive because the engines go for much more. Have you ever driven a Type R swap before, because if you haven't, you can't really say that a H22 swap is the best you've ever seen. Trust me those type R motors run real strong and are amazing motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back