Cr-Vtec Vs Ls-vtec

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrxSimon

Salut tout lmonde...ya tu quelqun qui pourrait maider pour cette question.... Jai un tete de B16a1 et je me demande quelle est le meilleur entre metre un b18 ou un b20 (si la reponce est le b20 ...... lequel est le meilleur...b20B ou b20z)
merci

okais mais alors versd quel je devrais aller..... et je revien du dealer honda en me posant cette question ... : quel gasket tu prend si tu prend le b20z ........ le gasket du b20 ou du b16 ... ??? (pcq apres avoir regarder yont une difference ...)

ATT!! Ive been told by many reputable shops who have done a b16a head onto a b20z block and they said that the b16a intake valves will NOT clear the stock B20z valve reliefs on the top of the piston... make shure you clay test the clearence before you put it together.. in worst case senario, get Tom at TK to rework the top of the pistons for clearence... If you do attempt this swap plz let me know of you results..

It's not the first time I've heard this but funne thing is whe did it with my friends type R. Whe used his type R head (stock with stock type r cams) and put this on a B20Z and it does not hit anything. It's been running all summer and still runs strong so I don't really know what to think about that.

Let me clear this up.

Since all B-series VTEC heads have 33mm valves and the others have 31mm, there stands a chance of interference. However, unless you have milled the head, decked the block, are using cams more agressive than factory R cams, or thinner head gasket....then you should be having a problem. You should realize that cam advance should not be greater than 4 degrees

VEry true! Hoever there should ALWAYS be a good margine of safety when it come to a "street" motor.. if your gona run R cams on b20z with no piston mods, you might get away with it (like our friend Zombie) however, what whould you think about a valve spring thats even just a slightly weeker than the other one and it goes just a @#%$ hair lower than the rest.. you could slap it.. why take the chance? until you check your clearences... remember not all motors are the same, its not because it has the same code it means its exactly the same!

Your right B18B but I reaserched this and apparently, as long as you don't play with your cam timing (cam gears) then you should be fine but if you get R cams and some cam gears and advance it more than 4 degrees on the intake cam, then you will get contact. That's why whe left everything to stock specs on my friends Type R setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back