CAMS---- RAMP SPEED VS DURATION VS TIMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

B18bCivic

Legacy Member
Im curious to know what people opinions are when it come do aftermarket cams... how would you slect one over another? look for dyno graphs?, trust what people tell you? or find out for yourself what will work with your set up?

I ve got my ideas just curious on what other people think... mine are posted in the honda secton under LS/VTEC UNDER 7500 4th page... Also.. plz keep the beef on that page!

Aww guys, come out! Ok well I'm not as cool as a "tech guy" but I will try, that is with my knowledge on LS cams.

Between regrinds (JG, Webcam, Gude) and billet core grinds (Crower, Crane) I decided to go with Crower / Crane. I chose Crower because I got a good deal on them. Cranes look good too. The most important thing to me about picking the cams were to get as much feedback on people who are using these cams. I found a lot people using 403's with good results, but unfortunately none of them have had built or extensive engine work done other than popping in cams.

Only reason I chose against regrinds are because the base circle on my lobes are pretty small and only about 10thou can be shaved away. Actually I've got some custom ground JG 301 copies (a little more aggresive) sitting in my garage but I decided to not use them (there's a bit of scorring on the lobes, nothing serious though. Now I pretty much am going in the grey zone, because I've seen a handful of guys with Gude head packages & JG head packages (stock throttle bodies and intake manifolsd) running easy mid 14's full interior with street tires. I'm figuring with Crowers and some good work on my head & IM by Tom, I can match that if not beat it.

I'm the type of guy to use other people as a reference to guide me and give me a realistic expectation. Whatever it is, by the time I'm done with it I'm sure my car will be faster than it was. And actually now come to think of it, maybe I'll get Tom to check those cams out and see what the specs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back