ATTN : b18bcivic

Status
Not open for further replies.
B20z.. (still kicking myslef in the butt for not building one, maybe one day)... its all depends on what your goal is for the motor.. If your going FI, you will need alot more than just a set of rods and pistions.. this is what I think should be done to have a long lasting "happy" motor for FI...

First compleate teardown (everyting!).. then start of witha b17a crank, then get eagle rods costom lengh to get close to 2L ( I dont have the exact spec, but as if I was going to say it anyways, gotta keep my secrets ;) and get an ideal rod to stroke ratio of 1.75.. this allows the motor to survive well under pressure and to be buzzed upto 9000rpm.. and get the "right" pistons.( theres alot more going on in the block but I leave that stuff out) Then you got 2 choices.. 1 go witha vtec head (pref a b18c1) because its the only b series head thats got the largest intake valves.. but then you gotta open up the heads combustion chambers because the bore of the B20 is not the same as the B18 and to the converstion to it...

Now if you want to stick with the B20 head we got the same options as the B18b head.. (cuz its almost the same head except of larger combustion chambers)..

now thats for FI.. Na is WAY to long to explain... if you got any specific questions feel free to ask :)

if i slap on a b20z stock in my car and i make a custom turbo kit and run it around 7(Street) 10(track) ?

What will i need to do ?

I know that later il'l upgrad the bottom end , but for next summer i just want to run from 7 to 10 .... or the proper Boost so i won't have to rebuild ...

ok.. this is what I think that should be done ( but by all means get other opinions)... the crv motor is a good one however not to many people have played around with it in stock form.. from what I know that it must be matted to a y80 transmission.. now if you gona run boost on it, i would need to know your compleate set up to be able to give an idea of how much (resonable) boost you can run with no bottom end modifications..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back