skyline silvia 180sx

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsb180

ok so they are cracking down pretty hard this year on the jdms so i decided to make a place where we can share pics and light conversion of how we got our cars to pass inspection.

personally im looking for someone with pic of there skyline with diffrent headlights that have passed inspection.

personally im looking for someone with pic of there skyline with diffrent headlights that have passed inspection.

use cd5 headlights. fitment is as close as it gets.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

WOW thats really nice. thanks alot is that your gtr? and if so did you pierce your rear quarter panels to put the stupid lights

its actually really funny you say cd5 becasie i have one and i was looking at them today in the drive way and im like damn thos lok really close to skylien lights! lol

no, it's not mine. i don't own a skyline.

and i highly doubt you'll find another oem headlight that has better fitment besides these. from a distance most of you wouldn't be able to tell.

too many grey areas of the law which is left up to the cop to interpret... but whatever... i'm just posting info about what other headlights fit... not about legality

but for one at least with a lhd cut out you'll be able to see where you're going at night

of course you have to go to inspection, all cars needed to pass a SAFETY inspection when they were imported to quebec. You cannot import any current gen japanese cars because they do not conform to our laws and regulations. There was however an exemption, if the car was 15 years or older, it could be imported, registered and plated, without modification, so long as it passed mechanical inspection (flashers, exhaust, suspension etc...)

Obviously the rhd cars have since been banned in quebec, but there was nowhere that it said they needed to meet DOT or CSA or whatever the damn standard is called.

ive owned it for 3 1/2 years so it has already passed inspection. last year i was given a nice inspection to attend by the police. and yes there is a law that sais all headlights and windos have to confirm to dot standards. they cant just say oh all these lhd cars say dot every were the jdm one have to also. it is a law by the department of transport. so unless you have a guy feel free to pm his number becasue i would love to not have to do all this B.S to make them pass my car

Headlights are not in the law, you dont need to change them. Its bs. If you change them your wasting your time and money. because there is no law stating in the department of transport rule stating that you need to change them its clearly written as a suggestion

infact i got sent to inspection in october they didnt say anything about my headlights. I asked them these are ok, the mechanic said yeah no problem. Dont fear cops they will bully you to get there way. Stand up for yourself and you have no problems

welll i got screwed pretty hard last year exhaust,rear tail light reflectors,rear side markers and front reflectors. and an inspection 151 each 2 days befor i was goign to store it. my friend just brought his silvia to inspection and he failed for the headlights. how can you argue with the inspector?

you sure they weren't talking about the front corner lights missing the reflectors?

anyways, if you're that worried about it on your skyline just use your accord headlights... especially since your already have them. then after the inspection just put them back on the accord

yea i guess i could do that, any ways ill let u guys know what they say when i bring it in a few weeks. and yea it wasnt just the corner lights they made him change the headlights also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back