B18b Vs Sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

4drscanruleztoo

Is there a big difference between a b18b and a b16a ?

Those the difference worth the price ?

Cause a b16a installed is about 2600$ and a b18b is about 2000$ installed ?

can anyway help me ?

marco

Go vtec or go home!
Seriously, I would definitely get the vtec engine. It comes with more hp and can be modified easily. otherwise pick up the b18b and get a vtec head...that is also a great combo.

Matt

B16A vs B18B

But at the 1/4 is there a big difference between b16a and b18b

because for the difference of price I won't pay 600$ for
1/4 of a second ! .....

is this called frankeinstein (ls-vtec)
is there anybody know how much hp at wheels it produce ?

Yeah it can easily produce about 150-180hp at the wheels. Over 200whp with mods... Look around on the net, tonnes of stuff on it.

B16a's do not necessarily yield better times. I was running 15.6's all night at napi with my stock B18A1 (140hp), while there was a guy in a black g2 like mine, STRIPPED interior, missing headlight for ram air effect, and driving on 14's was running 15.6's as well. He was bitter about his engine.

b18a

Well thx a lot If you said that you ran 15.6 at 1/4 with you b18a that what i wanted . I think my 1993 civic lx is a little ligther that your 'teg. The only thing is the driver ;P . Do you think a b18a is are to fit into a 1993 lx ?

thx marco

Re: b18a

well I love the fact that i dont have to wait till 8000rpm to have power... got it nice and low... also does anyone know what rpm stands for? How bout ruins peoples motors...

I'll go toe to toe with any na sir... Oh yeah.. Almost forgot.. its not because there are no obvious solutions for it, it means its not easaly moddified, some of the best tricks cant be found in any magazine... I've seen down in T.O a 12 sec na b18b still in a teg..

Good point Pat RPM doesn't mean Real Power Man!!!!!!
If you can make the same or more power at lower rpm you win in every way !!!

Especially in reliablity!!!!!

I've had both in my old civic 91 si, a B18 and a B16 and the B16 pulled much more than the B18. My times with B18 where high 14s and with B16 was 14.40 so I had an easy .5 sec wich is alot on the 1/4 mile track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back