Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

needledlies

Hey guys,

I have a 98 DX HB

I picked up a 2econd hand ractive muffler and p-flow for it, the p-flow is not a problem to install but I don't have the tools or facilities to put the muffler on...although its a bolt on..some welding has to be done for the hooks...

Any suggestions as to where I could bring it...

I'm also torn...I'm using the car in winter and I still have my stock muffler on...should I wait until spring to put on the new one?

I would wait til after winter!!!!!!!
Federal Muffler are real good!!!!!!!

I installed a ractive pipe on my civic this summer, i needed to modify the hooks a bit, as much as they say its ment for a civic they dont line up! i didnt use the welding i modified it with some good old elbow greece and some clamps, fits just fine, you can put it on for the winter it should be stainless steel, it will last longer than your stock but if you wanna keep it shinny i suggest you wait i took mine of its up to you!!!!

Thanks I'll most likely wait to put it on...its just hard... I can't wait to hear the sound!

Unfortunatly I don't have the skills to put it on ...any other suggestions on places to get it done?

Pretty much any muffler certified store but i mean they charge! its pretty simple.. is it a cat back pipe? if its just the muffler it bolts on with the turn of 2 bolts! takes 5 mins to install.. just need some metal clamps to attach instead of the stock robber attachments... and now your talking! max 10$$$!! and 10 mins..

Yeah call federal muffler on 52ave near Cote de Liesse!!!!!!!

Check the list of garages and shops in your area in the shops section. That is what it's there for.

I'd wait until spring... with the cold, it's better to have a little more back pressure to help with the starting of the engine and idle. I'm guessing this by personal experience, it's not really founded on fact. I take mine off when it gets cold and the idle really clears up, and it starts better to. But I don't know how honda's are with this. I've got a vw.

it was on another civic HB so there shouldn't be a problem with the bold on... its only the hooks that need to be redone...I'll check out federal muffler in spring.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back