Robin working his magic at Synoptic -- 657 RWHP on pump gas

Thundergod989

Spent a solid 6 hours on the dyno today doing break-in and runs and dialing everything in... some amazing numbers for pump gas... we started running out of fuel... 657 whp /581 ft-lb of torque at 25.7psi with 94 octane pump gas!

She was a bit rich when we started :D lol. The entire garage floor (behind) was black, along with the ventilation box and some other stuff. We even set off the carbon dioxide sensor alarm on the shop wall at 408 ppm ;)

Basically we ran through about 3/4 of a tank of 94 gas, did what had to have been about 30 runs on the dynapack (amazing dyno, very nice to work with and much safer and quieter than the roller dynos -- word of advice though, if you're wide you might need hub spacers or to remove the dyno case to clear the body, no big problem tho).

It also made 480whp at 12psi which is pretty mental. We ran it twice to make sure.

VO3Vc.jpg

Here are some print-outs of the final run, temperature in the shop was 92'F and humidity was reasonable, 44 it shows on the video. Engine coolant temp at about 84'C

torque vs power:
AWJME.jpg

boost vs power:
0yLrt.jpg

afr vs power:
LUdLS.jpg

So, the end result is that you are basically riding an angry bull. On the highway third gear at full throttle is unsafe as there is no traction from 4800rpm and up, even with the 315's sitting flat in the rear. 100-200 is about 6 seconds, a bit faster if you can catch the shift right -- I don't know for sure because you can't really look at the cluster AND the road AND anything resembling a clock, you shift by ear and you keep your eyes on the road... and with no mufflers... you can imagine the sounds. It was clipping the audio on my cellphone so badly you could barely hear anything, and that was from anywhere in the shop. I had cops drive over 8 blocks to where I was parked and ask me about the car because they heard it on the highway. One video turned out half-decent but it's really not a testament to how loud it is. If you're standing within 20ft of it you can feel it in your stomach at 3000rpm and on. On the highway, in a luxury sedan with the windows up you can hear it rip past as if you had a convertible. Needless to say, it is going to the exhaust shop tomorrow morning very early ;D enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKvFqSWV4jk"]YouTube- 300zx dyno, 657 WHP on pump gas (94)[/ame]

Who worked on that car? :run: Hey Alex i got a client with a TT Z33 560WHP we just built gonna be looking for you on the streets LOL

NICE!!!!! finally were starting to see some bad*ss Zs from quebec! what turbo you running??

Tell us more about your setup. and also what tires you running? nistune??

Last edited:
Who worked on that car? :run: Hey Alex i got a client with a TT Z33 560WHP we just built gonna be looking for you on the streets LOL

hah, Yes, how could I forget! Props to Haig for wrenching on it :D No issues on the dyno! (btw I have to come and see you to put the oil cooler back on and do an oil change).

I agree we need more high power Z's in Canada! (there is one in Ontario that is shaping up to be a beast, probably 1000hp with race gas).

As far as the setup, most of it is mentioned in the youtube video.

thats a sick setup! what injectors are you running right now? And where did you get your IPP stage 6 from?

I hope you're gonna be posting this on the 3zc. everyone is definitely gonna sh*t bricks lol.

P.S. what tires???? -P sry for asking too much. I really dig your Z.

thats a sick setup! what injectors are you running right now? And where did you get your IPP stage 6 from?

I hope you're gonna be posting this on the 3zc. everyone is definitely gonna sh*t bricks lol.

P.S. what tires???? -P sry for asking too much. I really dig your Z.

740cc injectors, got the ipp block straight from kyle at importpartspro, tires are 265/30/19 and 315/25/19 for now, will probably go larger in the back on the next set, 335 minimum as these 315's are stretched.

nice car man, saw you in pierrefonds!! Nice sound also!
Also build my 300zx by haig, a nice guy!
Thumbs up!

Back