shift linkage ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

civicb18c j6

my car is in the shop right now ( 93 hatch ) having a b18c put in it and the guys at jap motors told me something about not having the gsr shift linkage and telling me that my si shift linkage is to short. i have no idea what that means. now i'm drinking brews and stressin' the @#%$ out !!!!!!!! i hope they're not ****in' up my car over there !!!!! shiiiit !!!!!

or lengthen your linkage. But, it is recomended you pick up an Integra linkage (has better feel), and they will ahve to cut/weld to make it fit.

i went today and they finally put a type R shift linkage. the gears are real tight, feels great !!!!!

$$

How much are you paying for the swap? Is he buying your old motor off you? Did you get the B18C off him? How much all together... Thanks

Re: $$

i paid 3600 $ installed, plus my Si engine

Re: $$

It's not that the SI linkage is to short it's just that the fittings at the tranny are not the same size, the ones from the Integra are bigger so you'll need an Integra (94 up) linkage and you wont' need to cut and weld or anything else, it's a direct bolt on. The 92 to 95 civics are the simplest swaps you can do when your swapping a Integra engine in them, it's completely bolt on with stock parts and you don't need to cut and weld anything except the exhaust depending on the exhaust manifold your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back