Lapping Days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Civic96Coupe

I was wondering how many of you take it to the track and where you go? We always see the hotshots behind the technopark letting it wind out down the straight line but i would like to see them on the track... See how much they actually put into the suspension instead of the engine..and stylish interiors.. its one thing to drop an engine in but to set the car up for the track is when it all comes together.. I took in a lapping day at the Shannonville Motorsport Track <SMP> and it was amasing there was everything from 92 civic HB's to a viper gt, not to mention a turbo trans am, didnt look as nice as the imports but sure let it rip up the 1/4 mile backstraight! I was surprised to see that some of these people who spend all there money on there cars actually drive them, cars in a show room atmosphere look nice slammed and shiny but dont compair at all to drafting while heel-toeing down to second at 115 pushing the rev limiter, chattering ABS and then accelerating out of a turn... Just wanted to see if any of you out there actually get some track time in and if so when and where we should get some people out there next summer, for some real fun......

cool ill go check it out next summer, you guys done with your cars for the summer, that depressing time again..... i put mine away last weekend it almost brings a tear to your eye doesnt it!

Tell me about it!! My is in our showroom, so at least I can see it all the time. But man, I'm already starting to modify my WINTER car!!

Matt

true true its tempting.... These months (oct-Nov) are the worst... When its nice out I spend all day cleaning it and admiring it then youre already to go out the next day cruisin and its either freezing cold and raining or hailing.. Thats it im heading to Cali!!!! When will we catch a break its no use anymore mines gone for the winter i got tierd of waiting for the weather guys predictions...

So what you riding Lowlife8?? Peace....
Were you at sport compact.....??

...been lapping for years in a few different cars and now my new kick is the motorcycle (Honda Rc51). Shannonville is a great track...especially that tricky double apex in front of the stands (turning left)!

I drive a 99 SiR and a 2000 Suzuki Sv650S.
Winter obile is an 87 Vovlo 760 TURBO!!! WOOHOO!
Matt

I'm wondering why St. Eustache lapping days are not more popular among the people I know. The only guys that I know who go are Matt and Chris.

It's probably because nobody knows how to lap properly (including me) and it's hard as hell on your car. This means more money which we don't have.

Yeah the lapping takes skill and the reason im kind of scared for the st eustache ones is cause at such a cheap price any joe can get out there and not know what hes doing its more safe, and fun when everyone out there knows how to lap, then it gets to be some real fun...... When i wass at shannonville i went up with a bunch of guys from toronto who have been doing it for years so its good racing and good to learn following there lines, especially when you catch em at the ends of the straights and squeeze by on the inside of the sharp right hander (of FABI) that is where the fun is!! not too sure i would try that my first lap coming up the inside of the straight with a newbie Oh well have to wait and see.... cant wait till the roads are going to be back in good shape and the cars are slammed and shinin!!!..............

All the lapping that i have done is just that: lapping. Passing only takes place with a signal in designated areas. i have lapped at Shannonville, Tremblant, Sanair, St Eustache and the like and love it. Can't wait to get back into it next year.
Matt

Wow I didn't even KNOW about that. Is the track conditions any good or does it have potholes and patches left right and center? Any info on it on the net?

I guess....
Now here's an Idea for a next MTL racing meet. Go karting. Seriously at somewhere like eurokart or whatever. That would be a blast. reserve an hour or so for like 20 people...sh!t man...that would be great.

Matt

Yeah the lapping days are kick ass i like the shannonville track alot better than st eustache, its nicer terrain and a more complex track with the chicaines and hairpines, more exciting to drive i signed up to get on the new pavement at tremblant but they canceled the date cause the ferrari's wanted to come out and play... the rules we had suddenly ended around mid afternoon it was a free for all it was all good with the passing, not tooo crazy but the best part was this like 45 year old german guy comes to the track with his viper all shinny with the huge pipes, adn the works, and there is this little chinese guy in a civic HB with a hybrid and man this thing could go!!!!! it was trailing the viper alllll over the track it was amasing the viper guy wasent the best driver ( first time i guess, you could tell by the early braking) or maybe just to pretect his investment ... so anyways the civic was catching.. catching .. then the 1/4mile straight on FABI section, then to the hard right the viper onlyy made up about 10 feet on the civic i guess at the end of the straight the viper was checking to see if the civic was still behind him and forgot about the turn!! off goes the viper off roading in the grass and the little civic heel toes, and waves as he passes by the german out there gardening in the grass.... it was amazing! any good stories of lapping out there????????????

This is where the underdog kicks ass. I loved passing guys in there fast and pricey toys with my Neon, Civic, etc.
The'll pass on the straight but you catch 'em under braking and slip by them again before the straight.
I'm not sure how the Passat will go on the track though. Oh well, I have my motorcycle. Nothing in the world like scratching! (knee down around a corner for those no in the know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back