Air Intake for 328is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianguy

Legacy Member
Guys... any of you installed some air intakes in your rides?

I told myself not to do any mods, but the corruption set in slowly... After clear corners, major sound system, mags, suspension, and M3 bumpers, I'm lusting for an intake....

Are they really really worth it? My car already sounds nice and its quick enough... so this is something i'm really really questioning.

If you have any hookups, let me know....

Originally posted by bmw318I
make a home made one,,,,,,,

if u buy it from a shop it will be 800$ or something

just not worth it

Make sure it doesn't look like RICE like tin foil or shit :bigup:

800$??? Wow thats expensive.

I think RMR sells a K&N kit with a heat shield for around 500$.
You can get it for 200$ without a shield and make the shield yourself for 10$.

I got mine for 100$. Not a genuine K&N. It will probably not last as long as a K&N but it works well. I am doing my heat shield myself.

I think on a 328 the setup is similar to a 318 (filter at the front of the engine bay, driver side). Its easy to get cold air. You'll gain horsepower, throttle response and a nice deep "racing" sound at full throttle :)

Go for it man:bigup:

Hmmm... :)
sounds tempting....
How long do those filters last for?
i might try it out just for fun and to get some kick!

BMW318i....

I might... where is it?

I'm not really in the scene anymore... i used to have a GSR'ed civic and then 2 years ago i decided that i've wasted enough cash, so i just got myself a car that needed no modifications to be good.

My civic used to be a black GSRed coupe and it now belongs to one of the members of honda civic club quebec or something like that. I used to store it in the winter, and take care of it.... u know, the usual things that don't really do anything for the car and u think u'll sell the car for more, but u won't... lol

u did a smart choice by getting a bimmer. Congrats buddy!

RussianGuy,

K&N carries a 1000000 miles warranty. So it will virtually last forever. These are the washable kind.

The cheaper ones will probably last a few years. Pretty good stuff. Give it a try.

BTW, how old are you? Did you go to CMF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back