explain the logic please

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TKMOTION

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind guys that spend 5grand on spoiler kits and 6grand on mags and tires and 15-20grand on soundsystems but won't spend $1000. to $1500.on porting ,cause last time I checked sound mags and spoilers slows you down???? help please

Money spent on kit = 0
Money spent on system = 1/4 price, got hookup from my job.
Money spent on rims = $450 for 17's cause my buddy moved to the US and had to sell his car ASAP.

Money going to be spent repairing rust = ~$1000
Money going to be spent frilling up my head = ~$500

Don't worry TK! I'm on your side

You mean it's cool being slow???

97CivicTypeR I hope that comment is not for me????

80 % of people who ask about performance
modifications want to gain big horsepower
for $100.00. Then they want change!!!!!!
I must speak to 40 people before 1 person
decides to do some work on his or her car.

Ok here is my point. I don't think I am a rice boy yet but the fact is that my car have a 2 years waranty on the engine, so I can't make any modification to the engine before that to keep the warranty. So I'll buy some amazings mags and a bodykit, but I'll have only 140 hp in my teg. My opoint is I love speed and races but I want to keep my car in good condition, so I choose the warranty.

... after reflexion... I think that I'll fuk the warranty and go TURBO...

LaminaRX what I tell people that want to go fast for $100 is how much faster did you get with that $5000+ sound system and usually you hear crickets!!!!!

Racethis now your talking!!!!!!!

I SAY F THE WARRANTIES THEY ALWAYS TRY TO WEASEL OUT OF PASSING IT ON WARRANTIE ANYWAYS

?

No that comment isn't for you. I dont even know what you drive.

Im just saying that its cool to see a fast car but its even cooler to see a nice looking fast car.

Re: ?

97CivicTypeR HE IS ASKING SINCE YOU DIDN'T READ THE QUESTION
RIGHT WHY DO THEY SPEND ALOT OF MONEY ON MAGS,TIRES,SPOILERS,AND SOUND SYSTEMS AND NONE ON HP OR POWER

JUST HELPING OUT TOM

The way I see it, cars that have none or not much power potential are the ones that get all riced up.

If you want to go fast, you start with a car that's fast in stock form! As simple as that. Cars like a Mustang, an F-body, a GN, a Turbo DSM, a Supra, a turbo Mopar, an RX-7, a turbo VW, a Type-R, etc...

What kind of reliable power can you make on, oh say, a Civic DX for $3000? With this kind of money, you'll run 12's or 13's all day long with a car that has potentiel to start with. If you need to swap motors in order to run 15's or 16's, then you have a problem.

Besides, it doesn't take half a brain to put mags and pseudo performance parts on a car (like a $500 P-flow, $1000 cam gears, etc). However, making fast/reliable power is much more involving.

Also, with booming sound systems, mags, pseudo-performance parts, you don't risk making your car unreliable.

I think I can answer the question.

The reason is that when a young guy gets his first car, he wants to do something easy to make him get noticed and it usually turns out to be a cheap mod like fog lights, Type R stickers or a big subwoofer. He wants something so he will be cool. Having motor work done will probably not make him much cooler since not many chicks will see him race.

Also there are lots of people who don't know enough about motors so they're afraid to spend $$$$ on their motor. Not much can go wrong with buying mags.

I think only after being in the scene for a while will people be more likely spend money on the motor.

In my case, I'm waiting til i own my car completely before doing any engine work. I couldn't afford it if something broke and the warranty didn't cover it.

When I'm done school, I'll be at TK Motion the next day.

Ciao

FastITR

Same here, all I can only afford are little things. I just picked up the car this summer so it has a warranty untill 2003.
I finish paying it and I start looking into speed!

MonOncTsi if mods are done right car gets more reliable not less!!!!!!

FastITR I thank you for your trust in advance!!

needledlies I thank you too!!!!!!

Sure, but like I said, making good reliable power is much more involving that installing a sound system or mags.

I drag raced my car for the last 4 years and in about 1500 drag passes, I broke a shift fork, once. That's the only time I left the dragstrip on a towing...

I wouldn't say my car is less reliable (Talons aren't that reliable to start with) but I do eat up a lot of parts that wear, like brake pads, discs, clutches, syncros, etc...

I'm sure that is you did 1500 passes with a stock car...stuff would start breaking as well.

Those who mod cars..drive them harder! Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back