$2,472.19 USD... for an Exhaust?!

archaeic_bloke

hey guys, ... was browsing the yahoo auctions late one night this week and came across this: http://www.skylife4ever.com/2011/03/nice-rare-nismo-exhaust.html (theres more pics and a video inside the link)

The buy it now price is set for $2,472.19 USD (200,000 JPY)... I know its rare, and wow does it ever look nice, and the build quality it surely top notch.. but I did have some thoughts on this piece...

mrdjt657-img600x450-1293576798ro8n6h18129.jpg

mainly I was wondering... the design of it, its a split pipe for each turbo, until the rear axle section where it joins together again, usually its either full split the whole way like kakimoto, or it joins up again just before the cat at the downpipe. why would they design it this way? split the whole way and then merge just before the end?

how about that price though?

well my line will cost me arount 800$ of material only for tubing (no muffler or resonator) in stainless 304.... ok it's oval and costly but I can imagine the price is probably a little high but still probably at least 1500$ in material only...add the name and the fame plus the desing....

Back