Need a turbo fast and cheap!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I can fix you up something.. but remember you need fuel also, the turbo is only 1/3 of the equation...

1/3 turbo, 1/3 fuel and 1/3 tuning...

Re: $$$$$$

shopping list...

turbo, manifold, waiste gate & flange (if external) , all oil and water (if needed) gaskets and flanges, 2x 2" t-bolt clamps, 4x sillicone couplings, custom piping (I can do it for you), intercooler ( custom tailored), HONDATA ( its a must if you want good boost response, and I have 2 programs done for boost -b16a and 18b) fuel pump (in-line like bosh or nos) injectors (depending on how much boost) custom exhaust (min 2.5"), and dyno time ( I get half off at Zeeks) ....

That just off the top of my head.. If you real serious get back to me.. I can work something out for you..

323.. if you build it right you wont have to go in it again...

turbo....

what you think is better turbo or nos i got a 2000 itr engine?????
do u install turbo or nos?

Re: turbo....

well it all depends on your wallet.. if you got the $$ (around 5-6k) go turbo.. if not go nos.. 50 shot its good as long as you got the fuel and correct timing. Also if you want a nos kit can be taken out fairly quickly with niminal marks if you need to stop by the dealer for problems.. As for install I have minimal experience with nos I know Tony from AD has played with it for a while, but my best bet is to talk with Rob from Laminar him and hes guys have built numerous nos cars with great results (ie: 11sec daily driven gsr)... what ever you want to do I can get you the part for your ride fairly cheep.....

what about 5-6 k for a turbo kit
can you hook me up with good price??
im serious!!
e-mail me your price
jdibiase@videotron.ca

i already got a very good price on stanless manifold and tial wastegate 35mm

TURBO rules ! ! ! ! ONCE YOU'VE GONE TURBO YOU DON'T GO BACK TO N/A

Putting a turbo on a Type R is tricky because of the high compression. You have to have it tuned very carefully or you'll get detonation and blow your engine but if tuned correctly, you'll get very nice results.

Please guys remember don't believe everything you read!!!!!

Any turbo or S/C max compression 8.5:1!!!!!!!

Don't take my word for it ask Ken Duttwieller!!!!!!

He's the turbo man period!!!!!!!!

Ken Duttwieller, I saw his old GN this summer at the DSM shootout in Norwalk Ohio. Dave Buschur has been the driver of this car for 2 years now. Runs high 7s, but that day, he had boost problems and was only running some sorry low 9s, high 8s...

BTW, Dave ran 8.1 with his Talon. OK, the car is a RWD funny thing with a glider 2 speed and a Ford rear-end, but still, it's a DSM engine. Stock block, crank, head.

In the DSM world, we go as high as 9.0 to 1 when we go forged. I personnaly have a set of 9.0 to 1 in my car, but the metal gasket brings it down to about 8.8 to 1. Even with only a 0.3 compression raise from the stock 8.5, my car will run like a dog with anything but 94 octane (we have a knock sensor). If there wasn't 94 octane at the pump, I'd be a sorry camper. THIS IS AS HIGH AS I WOULD GO ON AN ENGINE THAT RUNS ON THE STREET!

In the rally world, with the big restrictors they have in the turbo inlets, they go as high as 11 or even 12 to 1! Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but Barry Latreille from Cornwall ran the same engine for like 2 years, without opening it. He can build FULL 27psi boost at about 2800rpms. I rode in his car and WOOHOO! A torquey and responsive 4 banger (he also has antilag) is really something. He also has a closed ratio "dog box" and hits 6-7k rpms at like 140km/h.

But running a turbo on an 11 to 1 Honda engine is a big @#%$ joke. Personnaly, having seen Honda "blocks" (those aluminium thingies with sleeves) I can't even understand how they could hold turbocharging at all! Obviously, they do ... but hey, I'm surprised.

I mean, compare a dodge or DSM or Mazda iron block to one of those tiny thing and you'll understand what I'm saying...

Am I the only one who thinks that?

MonOncTsi...

Yes I know honda blocks are made out of aluminium which is very week compared to iron, however we do have decent reinforcements on the block (decent webbing) as for the sleeves yup its a wise investment, but not necessary... whats the secret for hondas long lasting engines? well one thing is good r/s ratio ie: b16 is about 1.72 where as 1.75 is ideal...

second, the motor has excellent cooling ie:look on the size of your rad and look at a sir (the regular civic is a single core joke) and the sir sees 8200rpm from the factory...

Also I just forgot to mention one thing.. aluminiums thermoconductibility is alot higher than iron (it dissipates heat much faster into the coolent).... well Im not an honda engineer but thats what I think makes honda motors last... but any motor can be killed (stupid owner/tuner)...

Ken Duttweiller built Bob Reiger's 2 cars !!!!!!!

A twin turbo S-10 and Twin turbo 57 Chev!!!!
380ci the 57 ran 6.67 and 216mph!!!!!!!

By the way Bob Reiger is the owner of Turbonetics!!!!!!
Fancy that!!!!!!!!!

I think that its up to the engine builder to fix the weekest links !!!!!!!

So who wants to play THE WEEKEST LINK!!!!!!

hahahahaha

I wasn't flaming, I was just saying how fragile they *look*. I guess the look of these blocks can be deceiving, huh? Well, they make them run in the 8s, so..... they do hold up. It's just hard to believe when you look at them.

"380ci the 57 ran 6.67 and 216mph!!!!!!!"

Holy @#%$ crap! Keep bringing those facts, they are sooooo informative! :)

So TK, I'd be curious to see what an experienced crew like yours (I'm not being a smart ass here, I mean it) could do with a Honda. So, anybody wants to try it? ;)

OK, I'll go back in my corner and "think" my DSM is all that, hehe.

BTW, DSM engines are a heat factory, you're right about that. Civic rads by comparison are tiny. But when you add a turbo and crazy boost, does it stay that way?

If someone out there is willing to do a Honda right then it will Fly!!!!

The problem in this provence is stuff like !!!!

Don't go to TK they are V8 guys ,,,Or don't go there they don't know what
they are doing!!!

Reality is I speak the truth and some people can't swallow the truth,or don't want to hear the truth,,they would rather read magazines,,,,,,,
because you know the guys writing the articles are pro engine builders!!!!

Oh sorry I forgot they are writers and write wwwwwwwhat the people tell them to right!!

Ever wonder why 3 different magazines 3 differnt results!!!!

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm!!!

I don't think Turbomag is that bad... They have their own project cars and do articles on serious cars that have solid numbers, well, most of the times at least. Oh well, the photos are nice and they're a great companion when you're on the can.

About those other mags, I couldn't tell. Don't read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back