Why all the Rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

Why is it that you don't see rice on VWs? All the ugly rice-mobiles seem to be Hondas, GM, and other cars.

I have never seen a rice VW. I love hondas and everything but what the hell?

VW is a European brand, therefore people tend to give their volks a more european look. In europe, at least for VW's, the less tricked out a car is the better. In japan, flashy sells, so its only commonplace that all the stuff for Hondas is flashy=ricey. Dont kidd yerself though, there are some CHEESY VW's out there!

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. I have seen o many cheesed up VW around here that I have lost count. Chrome fender liners, chrome 3 spoke hubcaps...

Unfortunately bad taste is not only a Honda problem...it seems that people without taste drive all kinds of cars!

Of course there are some cheesy VW's out there. No car is safe from all the bad taste thats out there today, however I was simply trying to say that there is MORE stuff for Hondas than there is for VW's to make em look ricey. Actually, When VW's are riced up they look even worse than hondas cause the owner has to make his own add-ons, usually sourcing everything he/she needs from Canadian Tire! At least you honda guys have the resources to buy "quality" rice add-ons, Whether its on a VW, Honda or domestic, its still rice and its still ugly!

RICE IS ANYTHING JAPANESE

most of the kits for hondas are on the wild side. If the rims, grafics, interior, etc.. are not matched to the same flow as the wild ass kit...it looks stupid...ya know!

There is one honda kit that looks alright but everyone has it...pretty ridiculous!
-Phil's integra
-John's civic
-Mitch's prelude
-some kid with a black SIR in the west
-and i think one more person...but can't think of it now!

these cars are all nice (except for the black SIR) and are riced out but clean like a bitch!

RICE is anything Japanese!!

bro go check the c west skirt kit for civic and dont tell me its rice!!!!!
its 100 %%% jdm style

Sure...but when Dubbers call things rice, it means anything Japanese. Has nothing to do really with the style! A stock Civic CX is rice! So is an Infiniti Q45t!

I think your definition of rice is wrong. Rice is a gay modification like a 10 foot supra wing, ugly colour combination, powered by Acura stickers etc.

the sentence of the WEEK

"At least you honda guys have the resources to buy "quality" rice add-ons"

oh man thats a funny sentence, i am right now rolling on the floor and pee in my pants MAN :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry can't help it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: the sentence of the WEEK

I'm telling you...Rice is anything Japanese! Rice is making fun of Japanese people who only eat rice. Trust me..I've known this for years!!

What makes you think otherwise? Where did you hear "rice" from?

"RICE...good to eat, bad to throw, even worse to drive" Quote from VW vortex!

I see your point.....Definitions and everything!! Oh well..that's news to me!! And all those years...:(

I just went and checked it out again. Damn that page is funny. You see how many hits he has. It looks like he's also sponsored by Overboost. Heheh

heheh...Im glad yer laughing. But seriously though, I DO NOT associate everything Japanese with "rice". Anyways this is a pretty useless thread, its all about personal prefference.

I was sure....what does wack car style have to do with "rice"? ya know..! Rice is an oriental staple food...but whatever...i guess i know now!!

Rice c'est de mauvais gout!....souvent all show no go.....ou du go pas de sens comme un tip "canayian tire" avec un "pep-flow" ractive , des pad "Morno", du "spartaco", de la peinture sur les "Galiper", des sticker dans le "windsheer", une suspension "baisée", beaucoup de "Nerdspeed", un "boby kit", un hood en "carbon flyer", des "tailleur avec des lignes de couleur", du "GDM" en masse, un kit de "nitrous monoxide"....bref un rice c'est un NONO....c'est une attitude....c'est de mauvais gout...un rice prend du bon stock et le scrap juste parce que c'est LUI qu'il l'a acheté!!....c't'uyn Elvis Gratton du "Tiuniing"' tsé genre style!! :D

v'la une coupe de Rice!!
sir.jpg

integraIII-type-r.jpg

showoff_integra_rear.jpg

cav_1.jpg

camry_18sec.jpg

probe.jpg

crx_side.jpg

crx_rear.jpg

crx_quarter.jpg

rice

Not all Hondas that have some of the mods you mentioned make the rice cars though. It depends on how they are done. If you slap a whole bunch of crap together without thinking themn yeah, it will look cheesya nd crappy. If you take the time to plan your mods and match them together, you can have a car that looks good and is functional. I, for one, an not into the all show and no go thing. I started with my engine, doing simple bolt ons that were very effective and then moved on the making it look good. Now I have both and am again in search of more power! Someday I hope to have the budget to make my forced induction desires!! LOL

Re: rice

all of the Honda or any car that have those mods and are the ownership of a rice boy are BOUND to be rice cars....rice cars don't happen by themselves...they are the product of a rice mind!!...though my examples where clear..:)

Re: rice

I am not not disagreeing with you about the examples above, but if you check out some of the crew pictures in danny's "crew section" pics, you will notice that there are some cars that are wild and nice, not rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back