Sentra 2000-2001 Se ( SR20de )

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrakermaN

I'm looking for more info on that engine. Besides the name (sr20de..) , what does it have in common with the famous jdm sr20det ?
Cam profile ? intake manifold ? compression ? piston/rod/crank ?
Are the parts interchangeable ? Also, would a turbo manifold from a sr20det fit without mods on the sr20de ?

Where could I find more info on the sr20de ?

thanks guys

clouter said:
je suppose que c'est la meme chose sauf NA

Non, la Sentra SE a une tête roller-rocker qui n'est pas la même... De plus, la compression est plus haute (9.5:1)

There is an article about the sr20de in a magazine, i dont remember the name.You should pick it up, i think its Turbo magazine.

FunkCaptain said:
There is an article about the sr20de in a magazine, i dont remember the name.You should pick it up, i think its Turbo magazine.

Not every SR20DE are the same. They differ from one generation to another.

For details on the 2000+ SR20DE's you'll need to dig around www.b15sentra.net

Those are the 2000+ Sentra's.

Like Halo said, its a Roller Rocker head, so, you cant swap cams with other models, or the turbo one.

Only 1 cam is available the JWT S3.

Compression is 9:8:1 if Im not mistaken.

Crank is 4 counter weight instead of 8 like the other models.

Aside from that its basicaly the same engine as the older north american sr20de's.

It has a much larger MAF, 3", compared to the older ones, though to my knowledge no one has flow benched it, not even JWT.

YES you can plug a JDM turbo Manifold to it without any adjustement. Though you cant use the JDM top mount intercooler and piping, cause the valve cover is slightly higher.

Also, buy the november issue of Sport Compact Car and read the "Road Racing for $7,000... or so!" Article.

Its a B13 sentra race car, but using a RR SR20DE and he's done some funky stuff to it, so it'll be a good read for ya.

basically, lots of differences. I,m interested in the b15 chassis and thought the sr20de would have more thing in common with the sr20det.

I'M intereseted in the b15 se sentra because I think they are nice cars, reliable, heard good stuff about the sr20de engine, practical, good performer... does the 2000-2001 have a 4 disc brakes system?
Any proofs that this engine would take 400whp from a turbo kit ? I figure, if the engine as a compression (9.8:1) similar to any other compact car, why would this one be able to withstand 400whp more than any other engine, if no internal modifications are done ?

anywyas, thanks for the tips !!

KrakermaN said:
basically, lots of differences. I,m interested in the b15 chassis and thought the sr20de would have more thing in common with the sr20det.

I'M intereseted in the b15 se sentra because I think they are nice cars, reliable, heard good stuff about the sr20de engine, practical, good performer... does the 2000-2001 have a 4 disc brakes system?
Any proofs that this engine would take 400whp from a turbo kit ? I figure, if the engine as a compression (9.8:1) similar to any other compact car, why would this one be able to withstand 400whp more than any other engine, if no internal modifications are done ?

anywyas, thanks for the tips !!

Ive got a 2001 SE, and ya, I love it.

Good performer certainly. (dont forget the VLSD :D)

I mean, SR20DE engine, turbo parts in common with the JDM sr20de's, yes.

SAME 4 disc brakes as teh SE-R and SE-R Spec V (non brembo package)

Engine can take lots of boost, just like the older ones. But, dont be fooled, even the older SR20DE's couldnt withstand 400whp on stock compression. I mean, drop in the DET's pistons in, then go to 400whp.

the 400whp figure is without changing internals except pistons. I think thats reasonable.

There are many changes, but still many similarities. Tranny/clutch, etc...
If your planning on turbo, starting with an SR20DE is a good idea. If your planning N/A, Id go with a Spec V and a QR25DE, its starting to show some major promiss in the N/A department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back