need rx 7 (cars and/or engines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gremlin

Legacy Member
hey guys, and gals I have a buddy who is looking for mazda rx7 engines and cars. He is looking for one specific type with a 12A or 13B engines (4 port) these would be found in 1979 to 1984 rx7's. thanks for your help!!

That sounds like he wants a first generation Rx-7 to me, the 12a is a four port engine, but that 13b engine in those years (84-85 only for 1st gens) are 6 ports, the only 4 port 13b are the ones for the TII models (second gen 86-92) and early 70's cosmo engines

Ask him if the model he wants is carburated(12a), or fuel injected(13b)

Originally posted by gremlin
I have a buddy who is looking for mazda rx7 engines and cars.

He is looking for engines and cars, as in he wants to buy the car & extra engines :dunno:

thanks for the info so far, I'll get back to you. But to answer the other question, he wants anything that he can get his hands in pretty much. I'll get back to you.thx

Need more details on the type of engine, does it need to be in working order, how much does he want to pay etc etc,

12a or 13b,

I know a few scrap yards that have these engines, but I dont think they run, its about 400$ for a scrap yard engine and can go up to 750$ Lecavalier have some I think, they are bitch to find in working order, as for the blocks not running I can perhaps find a few, it thats what he wants.

Any condition and he'll pay what it's worth. (give or take) But when he finds the engines, then he'll worry about price

Ok then, there are three 1st gen Rx-7's at Hayes scrap yard in the dorion/Ile perrot region for starters, then there is a 12block that is totally apart in my garage (but I dont want to sell just yet) after that for New/rebuilt blocks he can go to mazda.

Other than that he will have to make some phone calls and trust me its no fun calling about 50 yards and getting the same damn answer.

My friend also has one so I will check if he wants to get rid of it...

O.K. i'd appreciate that. Thanks for you help so far. Respect to you rotary guys, cause I opened up one with my frieng and WOW! WTF is all that?? Amazing engines. so small and you can get a s**tload of power out of it! Damn.

RX7 engine (12a)

Hi,

I've got a running 12a engine from an 81 RX7 GXL and a disfunctional 13B from an 86 GXL if you're still interested. I'm looking to get rid of both cars. The 81' is stripped of most parts and the engine is ready do be lifted out. The 86 has a reasonably good condition body with an exotic paint job. The 86 is complete but the engine may need new apex seals.

Let me know if you're interested,

Taro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back